Micro-Trains releases, turnout problems

  • Malcolm Cleaveland
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 8:18 AM
      I checked the Micro-Trains website this morning and the March releases
      had *not* been posted, but there was an announcement that MTL would be
      releasing the powered turnouts, the 220 mm radius-45 degree track and
      would be making the 490 mm radius-13 degree track available separately.

      I checked the website a few minutes ago and not only were the March
      releases still not posted, the Micro-Track announcement was gone. What
      gives?! I should explain that if I want to order new releases through my
      LHS, it must be done immediately, otherwise the production run will all be
      bye-bye and I'll be left with my nose pressed against the window and tears
      running down my face. Not but what that doesn't happen frequently anyway,
      no matter how quick we are in ordering. Z production runs are still for
      the collector market, not the runner market. I do note that MTL is now
      producing runner packs in N, so eventually we may see this in Z, catering
      more to the people who actually want to run their trains than to those who
      just want to collect them. I hope the N runner packs are selling well, so
      that MTL receives encouragement.

      On the subject of the bad turnout I had to use at the train show, Joe
      said send it to him and he would make it right. Now *that's* customer
      service! Glad to see that it's still alive and well somewhere in the USA.

      CheerZ,
      -- Malcolm Z
    • Joe DAmato
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1 10:09 AM
        Malcolm,

        I checked and the March stuff is up, if you are having problems they
        said to hit the "refresh" button. Hope this helps.

        Also, please don't use Collector's and Z in the same breath...I'm
        trying to keep them from showing any interest in the scale :o)
        Don't look them in the eye...look away!

        Honest though, we almost never sell completly out of Z...other than
        some of the new stuff, there's still a lot of stuff on the shelf in
        shipping. We underestimate from time to time, but it's never to drive
        up a secondary market especially in Z...I get that from the top here.
        I generally do clean up on any SP subjects at the end of the month,
        but for the lesser roads :oP east of the Cascades, there's plenty to
        choose from. I will try and get a list of inventory from Sales and
        post it so you can get stuff your missing. Also, some LHS will tell
        you we are sold out because they don't want to re-order or believe
        like a lot of folks do that we are out. I was in Milwaukee a few
        years ago and on of the hobby shops got their order and were turning
        folks away. I overheard the converstation, introduced myself and
        called the factory and was able to provide them with more cars than
        they wanted. So if there is something you all want, contact us/me if
        your LHS says we are out. I still have all the GP-35's in stock
        except the Penn I believe, lots of stock....

        Cheers

        Joe
        MTL

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@...>
        wrote:

        > I checked the Micro-Trains website this morning and the March
        releases
        > had *not* been posted, but there was an announcement that MTL would
        be
        > releasing the powered turnouts, the 220 mm radius-45 degree track
        and
        > would be making the 490 mm radius-13 degree track available
        separately.

        > I checked the website a few minutes ago and not only were the
        March
        > releases still not posted, the Micro-Track announcement was gone.
        What
        > gives?! I should explain that if I want to order new releases
        through my
        > LHS, it must be done immediately, otherwise the production run will
        all be
        > bye-bye and I'll be left with my nose pressed against the window
        and tears
        > running down my face. Not but what that doesn't happen frequently
        anyway,
        > no matter how quick we are in ordering. Z production runs are
        still for
        > the collector market, not the runner market. I do note that MTL is
        now
        > producing runner packs in N, so eventually we may see this in Z,
        catering
        > more to the people who actually want to run their trains than to
        those who
        > just want to collect them. I hope the N runner packs are selling
        well, so
        > that MTL receives encouragement.
        >
        > On the subject of the bad turnout I had to use at the train show,
        Joe
        > said send it to him and he would make it right. Now *that's*
        customer
        > service! Glad to see that it's still alive and well somewhere in
        the USA.

        > CheerZ,
        > -- Malcolm Z

      • Russ Meier
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1 11:43 AM
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

          > I generally do clean up on any SP subjects at the end of the month,
          > but for the lesser roads :oP east of the Cascades, there's plenty to
          > choose from. I will try and get a list of inventory from Sales and

          Joe:

          'Dem dere's fighting words! Well, at least for lots of the guys I bet. Not for me, luckily, UP,
          MILW, and CP all hit that same west coast of yours, so I guess you wouldn't call them "lesser
          roads!" :)

          Thanks for verifying that the MTL new releases were up. I knew those of us looking last night
          weren't crazy -- we couldn't quote cars like that if we hadn't seen them! Browsers are weird
          -- the way they cache and update sights is very inconsistent. Everyone just needs to
          remember to hit refresh or clear those caches.

          Russ Meier
          Milwaukee, WI
          MILW, UP, and CP in Z