RE: [Z_Scale] New to Z Scale

  • Elizabeth Hayes
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 5, 2007
      it all depends on what type of prototype that you choose to model, North
      American, European (and there would be several different types of European)
      or Japanese

      >From: "Kevin Cowan" <KCowan@...>
      >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Z_Scale] New to Z Scale
      >Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 00:15:11 -0000
      >
      >Hi I just purchased my
      >first z-scale set at the
      >Springfield show last
      >week.
      >
      >I am now joining this
      >list. I have one question
      >for now; where is the best
      >place to buy z-scale?
      >Unfortunately very few
      >places carry it.
      >
      >regards-Kevin

    • hobbycraftsnmore
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 6, 2007
        I am now joining this
        >list. I have one question
        >for now; where is the best
        >place to buy z-scale?

        Hi
        Kevin

        I know what your going thought trying to find Z scale, When I started
        not many hobbies around here carried it and they did would buy one
        car to show the size. They are starting to carry it now but I got
        most of mine online then and even now. That why later I even started
        my own store online http://www.hobbycraftsnmore.com Which I special
        in Z scale and I carry a good selection in stock. I also have a train
        show gallery on my website and there is some Z Scale layouts there
        you can check out it under the hobby link at the top.

        or just copy and paste this link.

        http://www.hobbycraftsnmore.com/Show%20&%20Expo%20Pages%20&%
        20Galleries/Show%20&%20Expos%20Main%20Page.htm

        This group is go for finding out different information and being able
        to ask questions along with
        http://zcentralstation.com/ there is alot of info there and the
        chats are pretty helpful plus there are links to other info sites.

        Have fun
        Kevin
        www.hobbycraftsnmore.com
      • Don Avila
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 6, 2007
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "hobbycraftsnmore"
          <hobbycraftsnmore@...> wrote:

          > I am now joining this
          > >list. I have one question
          > >for now; where is the best
          > >place to buy z-scale?
          >

          > Hi
          > Kevin
          >
          > I know what your going thought trying to find Z scale, When I started
          > not many hobbies around here carried it and they did would buy one
          > car to show the size. They are starting to carry it now but I got
          > most of mine online then and even now. That why later I even started
          > my own store online http://www.hobbycraftsnmore.com Which I special
          > in Z scale and I carry a good selection in stock. I also have a train
          > show gallery on my website and there is some Z Scale layouts there
          > you can check out it under the hobby link at the top.
          >
          > or just copy and paste this link.
          >
          > http://www.hobbycraftsnmore.com/Show%20&%20Expo%20Pages%20&%
          > 20Galleries/Show%20&%20Expos%20Main%20Page.htm
          >

          > This group is go for finding out different information and being able
          > to ask questions along with
          > http://zcentralstation.com/ there is alot of info there and the
          > chats are pretty helpful plus there are links to other info sites.
          >
          > Have fun
          > Kevin
          > www.hobbycraftsnmore.com

          Kevin:

          Go down the left side index. There seems to be a lot of broken links.
          Also is there anyway of changing the background color from black? I
          have a terrible time reading some of the text. ...don

        • Allan Miller
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 6, 2007
            As Elizabeth noted, it kind of depends on what you are most interested
            in modeling. American? European? Other?

            What set did you buy? That might help folks here provide guidance as
            to dealers who stock what you're looking for.

            > >I am now joining this
            > >list. I have one question
            > >for now; where is the best
            > >place to buy z-scale?
            > >Unfortunately very few
            > >places carry it.
            > >
            > >regards-Kevin

          • allenhackman
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 6, 2007
              Kevin,

              As you can see from all the responses, there are quite a few choices for
              you online, much more than in "brick and morter" stores.

              There are many more products becomming available all the time. Some of
              the great manufactuers are AZL and Micro-Trains for locomotivies and
              Full Throttle, FR and Micro-Trians for Rolling Stock. There are also a
              bunch of other manufactuers who produce scenery and buildings for Z
              scale. These products typically are available from the online dealers.

              I recently founded Kramer Road Hobbies ( KramerRoadHobbies.com
              <http://www.kramerroadhobbies.com/> ) to better serve the Z scale
              community. We have all the latest products and can help you select the
              right ones for your new layout.

              Please let me know if we can help you out.

              Welcome to Z Scale!!!

              Allen Hackman

              Owner

              Kramer Road Hobbies

              > > >I am now joining this
              > > >list. I have one question
              > > >for now; where is the best
              > > >place to buy z-scale?
              > > >Unfortunately very few
              > > >places carry it.
              > > >
              > > >regards-Kevin

            • flyerbait
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 7, 2007
                <hobbycraftsnmore@...> wrote:

                > I am now joining this
                > >list. I have one question
                > >for now; where is the best
                > >place to buy z-scale?

                Yeah there is some good stuff on the USA Ebay site, and a lot of good
                sellers will ship anywhere in the world, within a few weeks. Cost next
                to nothing to ship like 8 carrages half way around the world... Pay by
                payPal and both you and the seller are covered to some extent. I
                recomend insurance on anything over $100 though if its offered.
                remeber to check with local customs how much they allow in value to be
                sent to you, before you have to pay duties on it. (ie: under 300$)
                then don't order more than that per package. Its also a good idea to
                have somewhere secure to send them, Like your daytime work place, or
                Post office box.

                leigh