DCC - Digitrax slot in board

  • robertfage@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
      Just to let everyone know that I sent back a board that puffed into smoke
      when I installed it in to the GP35. Digitrax after a couple of emails to tec
      support told me to send it back and they replaced it with a new one.

      I have now fitted 2 the correct way up with shaving the roof and LCD and 2
      by installing them upside down and changing the CV values.

      So Digitrx while not knowing one end of a GP 35 to other in respect of the
      control board did meet there obligations re changing an item that was faulty
      and remember I am in the United Kingdom...so well done Digitrax.

      Bob Fage (in the UK)

    • John Mui
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
        Robert, I try both installation also, but I prefer the correct and sand
        method. Installing it backwards can cause a short if you are not carefull.
        It will at least cause the inconvenience of sending it back to Digitrax.

        I also have my lights manually control by funtion 1 and 2. Lighting the back
        end when going forward makes it more prototypical on dpu services. I also
        try to see if I could dim the lights, but it didn't work.

        John