Bill Kronenberger Photos

  • Glen Chenier
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
      In lieu of February MOTM, those who have photos of Bill would you
      please upload these to the Photo Folder '0 Bill Kronenberger Photos.
      Also a photo of the first Commemorative Car when ready.

      Bill was a man of many interests and generously shared talents. We will
      miss him, but his legacy will remain with us always.

      This weekend all photos from 2004 and 2005 will be deleted to clear
      space for new photos, except for the WizKids 6Nov2005 Album photos
      which were posted by Bill himself.
    • Dave Hjortnaes
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
        Dear Glen: The WIZKidZ photos were posted by Bill because I could not
        find a way to do it myself. I sent every photo as a separate e-mail
        to Bill, and he posted them for us. There is no reason to keep them
        there, especially since we would all rather see photos of Bill and his
        accomplishments.

        dave hjortnaes

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2007
          To all members:

          Out of respect of Bill Kronenbergers's passing there will be no
          February Model of the Month. Instead I ask that those of you who
          have photos of Bill in his element, or photos of Bill's Z Bend legacy
          in the form of your own Z Bend module creations, to send photos of
          Bill and/or your artworks that he has inspired to the Photo
          Album " '0 Bill Kronenberger Photos". No contest or poll, just a
          partial compilation of Bill's many contributions to the hobby.

          The new home page photo is one of those photos from this album (thank
          you, Paul). More to come...

          Dave,

          Thanks for the clarify. i really hate to delete photos, but Yahoo
          photo space is getting tight again and no choice. 2004 photos are
          now deleted (gained from 93% to 90% space), was going to delete a
          page of 2005 and saw LogoZ and Track Plans albums and stopped
          deleting. I can't check all albums for content, but these two albums
          are keepers IMHO.

          So another 24 hours delay, If anyone wishes to preserve a 2005 album
          for whatever reason email me and say so. Otherwise tomorrow night
          2005 photo deletion will happen except for the timeless LogoZ and
          TrackPlans. Doing this to all those beautiful modelling photos makes
          me feel like a miserable old S.O.B. but no choice if new photos are
          to be possible.

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Hjortnaes" <dlhort1955@...>
          wrote:

          > Dear Glen: The WIZKidZ photos were posted by Bill because I could
          not
          > find a way to do it myself. I sent every photo as a separate e-
          mail
          > to Bill, and he posted them for us. There is no reason to keep
          them
          > there, especially since we would all rather see photos of Bill and
          his
          > accomplishments.
          >
          > dave hjortnaes
          >

          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Glen Chenier" <glen@> wrote:
          > >
          > > In lieu of February MOTM, those who have photos of Bill would you
          > > please upload these to the Photo Folder '0 Bill Kronenberger
          > Photos.
          > > Also a photo of the first Commemorative Car when ready.
          > >
          > > Bill was a man of many interests and generously shared talents.
          We
          > will
          > > miss him, but his legacy will remain with us always.
          > >
          > > This weekend all photos from 2004 and 2005 will be deleted to
          clear
          > > space for new photos, except for the WizKids 6Nov2005 Album
          photos
          > > which were posted by Bill himself.

        • Chadrick Morris
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2007
            Hello All,

            Bill's visitation at the funeral home was very nice. Bill looked peaceful. Family, friends and co-workers gathered to talk about Bill and to see and understand his passion and dedication to model railroading. The Houston Z Bend Track group had a good display of pictures from the earliest shows with bare first built modules to the last show Bill attended running trains. Plus all the numerous Z Track magazines opened and displayed on a table showing Bill and articles covering Bill and Z Bend Track. The commemorative cars arrived and we took some for display and told Sue and the kids of this project. They were overwhelmed. Co-workers who heard Bill talk about trains all those years at the office got to see his work in action. We set up the first module in Z Bend Track that I built with Bill and ran trains in his honor with two Southern Pacific trains. We had a very nice display showing the module to everyone and explained how Bill started a new concept in model
            railroading in Z scale with the Z Bend Track standard. I received two donation checks from Mr. F. Ladd and David Hjortnaes at $100 each. Thank you both for your very generous donations. We presented Sue with a $100 donation and we kept $100 of the donations for purchase of supplies as may be needed to finish the commemorative cars and for mailing the cars. We hope that is okay. Sue wants to thank all of you for all that you are doing to honor Bill. We will always give Sue a list of all the people and organizations that have given a donation. Sue also asks donations be given to the American Cancer Society in Bill's name. There was a good gathering of train club members from those other scale of trains to pay their respects to Bill. Bill was our club president for the 2006/2007 year, but had to step down from his post when the cancer really affected his life and the treatments took the energy right out of him. Bill brought many new ideas to the club to help
            revitalize the club and build morale and build membership, not just in Z scale but also in the other scales the the club has. Bill will be sorely missed by everyone he has ever came into contact with. Even if you only talked with Bill on the phone or Internet, you become an instant friend. We were glad to have had the opportunity to run trains with Bill one last time. The trains ran flawlessly so Bill must have been watching over them. I miss Bill. We all miss Bill. Now, to work on the commemorative cars and get them going. Decals would be quicker, but after talking with others on line and in person, we will look into pad printing the cars. I will keep you posted. Have a good Sunday and enjoy that game and advertisements.

            Chad Bryan

          • Fairbanks
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 4, 2007
              Excellent Idea. I look forward to seeing the photos.
              I have never met him but have heard a lot.. I was send a picture from a
              member of this group so at least I can put a face to a name.

              Artie
            • Geoffrey H Wathen
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 5, 2007
                Just to reiterate a previous offer, any time you want to have a photo
                album preserved elsewhere, I'm happy to host it on my website. Food
                for thought...

                Best,
                Geoff.

                On Feb 3, 2007, at Sat,Feb 3,7:03 PM, Glen Chenier wrote:

                > Thanks for the clarify. i really hate to delete photos, but Yahoo
                > photo space is getting tight again and no choice. 2004 photos are
                > now deleted (gained from 93% to 90% space), was going to delete a
                > page of 2005 and saw LogoZ and Track Plans albums and stopped
                > deleting. I can't check all albums for content, but these two albums
                > are keepers IMHO.
                >
                > So another 24 hours delay, If anyone wishes to preserve a 2005 album
                > for whatever reason email me and say so. Otherwise tomorrow night
                > 2005 photo deletion will happen except for the timeless LogoZ and
                > TrackPlans. Doing this to all those beautiful modelling photos makes
                > me feel like a miserable old S.O.B. but no choice if new photos are
                > to be possible.

              • Chadrick Morris
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 5, 2007
                  Hello All,

                  We are working towards pad printing the cars so the lettering will have the same appearance as the current printed letters and to save the effort to put decals on all the cars.

                  Two more generous donations are on the way in.
                  Lajos Thek has given $250.00 for the cause.
                  Ron Hurley has also donated to the cause.
                  Please thank these two fine gentlemen.

                  Lajos has also offered his services to do the artwork for the lettering to be pad printed on the cars. A local train club member here in Houston is in the business of pad printing and we will be talking with him for the actual printing of the cars. Be nice to have the work done local. But we also will be in contact with the manufacturer to see about having the cars printed up at the factory.

                  Have a good evening.

                  Regards,
                  Chad Bryan