RE: [Z_Scale] Bill K's commemorative car report

  • Hurley, Ronald J.,M.D.
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 1 8:58 PM
      Chad,
      What about donations of $$? Should we send to you?
      Ron

      Sent by GoodLink (www.good.com)

      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 1 9:08 PM
        Thanks for the very clear and concise report and
        thanks to all who contributed so much (including
        yourself).

        Are you taking orders yet?

        --- Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > We have a good progress report to give on Bill's
        > commemorative car. Here is what we have so far.
        >
        > 1. 250 cars donated by Uncle Will's Full
        > Throttle. Two bay open hopper in Southern Pacific
        > railroad, brown with white lettering. Bill's
        > favorite railroad.
        >
        > 2. Wheel sets donated by MTL through Loren
        > Snyder.
        >
        > 3. Clear boxes to put the cars in donated from
        > Bob Olson with PennZee.
        >
        > 4. Coal loads to put into the cars donated from
        > Bill Hay from Hay Brothers.
        >
        > 5. Talking with Michael Hilliard about decals.
        > Also talked with Bob Olson about print pad lettering
        > on the cars. Printing the cars will take longer due
        > to shipping the cars to be printed and scheduling
        > the cars to be printed and then shipped back.
        >
        > 6. Foam inserts for the boxes have been talked
        > with by Loren Snyder. Could use simple foam pieces
        > to place in the box around the car.
        >
        > That is the current progress on the commemorative
        > cars. In a span of just a week or so, we as a Z
        > scale community have contacted manufacturers and
        > other suppliers and got the items needed for this
        > tribute to Bill. All of this would not be possible
        > if it were not the efforts of people like Bill
        > bringing us together in our hobby of Z scale model
        > railroading.
        >
        > The cars should arrive in Houston by the end of
        > this week. The other supplies are being put
        > together to be shipped out to Houston. The Houston
        > Z Bend Track group will have work sessions to
        > assemble the cars once all the supplies are
        > gathered. Will keep all of you informed on the
        > progress and price of the cars. Have a good Friday.
        > I will write an email on Saturday night after I get
        > home from Bill's visitation at the funeral home.
        > Stay on track.
        >
        > Chad Bryan
        > Houston Z Bend Track

        > removed]

        Don't pick lemons.
        See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
        http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
      • Allan Miller
        Message 3 of 28 , Feb 2 3:42 AM
          Sounds like a very good plan. My perosnal feeing is that pad printing
          would be much preferred over decals, even if extra time is involved,
          but that's just a personal opinion.

          In any case, I will sure be interested in obtaining one or more of
          these cars, even though I'm not an SP modeler or fan. I am, however,
          a big fan of Bill and all that he contributed to the hobby and to my
          own knowledge of it.

          Allan

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:

          > Hello All,
          >
          > We have a good progress report to give on Bill's commemorative
          car. Here is what we have so far.

        • Fairbanks
          Message 4 of 28 , Feb 2 5:04 PM
            Fantastic Chad. Thank You For The Update. This is a great thing everyone
            is doing

            Artie