Bill K's commemorative car report

  • Chadrick Morris
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hello All,

      We have a good progress report to give on Bill's commemorative car. Here is what we have so far.

      1. 250 cars donated by Uncle Will's Full Throttle. Two bay open hopper in Southern Pacific railroad, brown with white lettering. Bill's favorite railroad.

      2. Wheel sets donated by MTL through Loren Snyder.

      3. Clear boxes to put the cars in donated from Bob Olson with PennZee.

      4. Coal loads to put into the cars donated from Bill Hay from Hay Brothers.

      5. Talking with Michael Hilliard about decals. Also talked with Bob Olson about print pad lettering on the cars. Printing the cars will take longer due to shipping the cars to be printed and scheduling the cars to be printed and then shipped back.

      6. Foam inserts for the boxes have been talked with by Loren Snyder. Could use simple foam pieces to place in the box around the car.

      That is the current progress on the commemorative cars. In a span of just a week or so, we as a Z scale community have contacted manufacturers and other suppliers and got the items needed for this tribute to Bill. All of this would not be possible if it were not the efforts of people like Bill bringing us together in our hobby of Z scale model railroading.

      The cars should arrive in Houston by the end of this week. The other supplies are being put together to be shipped out to Houston. The Houston Z Bend Track group will have work sessions to assemble the cars once all the supplies are gathered. Will keep all of you informed on the progress and price of the cars. Have a good Friday. I will write an email on Saturday night after I get home from Bill's visitation at the funeral home. Stay on track.

      Chad Bryan
      Houston Z Bend Track

    • Hurley, Ronald J.,M.D.
      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 1, 2007
        Chad,
        What about donations of $$? Should we send to you?
        Ron

        Sent by GoodLink (www.good.com)

[...]

        THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN THIS ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE PERSON OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED MATERIAL. ANY REVIEW, RETRANSMISSION, DISSEMINATION OR OTHER USE OF OR TAKING OF ANY ACTION IN RELIANCE UPON, THIS INFORMATION BY PERSONS OR ENTITIES OTHER THAN THE INTENDED RECIPIENT IS PROHIBITED. IF YOU RECEIVED THIS INFORMATION IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER AND THE PRIVACY OFFICER, AND PROPERLY DISPOSE OF THIS INFORMATION.
      • Tom Fisher
        Message 3 of 28 , Feb 1, 2007
          Thanks for the very clear and concise report and
          thanks to all who contributed so much (including
          yourself).

          Are you taking orders yet?

          --- Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:

          > Hello All,
          >
          > We have a good progress report to give on Bill's
          > commemorative car. Here is what we have so far.
          >
          > 1. 250 cars donated by Uncle Will's Full
          > Throttle. Two bay open hopper in Southern Pacific
          > railroad, brown with white lettering. Bill's
          > favorite railroad.
          >
          > 2. Wheel sets donated by MTL through Loren
          > Snyder.
          >
          > 3. Clear boxes to put the cars in donated from
          > Bob Olson with PennZee.
          >
          > 4. Coal loads to put into the cars donated from
          > Bill Hay from Hay Brothers.
          >
          > 5. Talking with Michael Hilliard about decals.
          > Also talked with Bob Olson about print pad lettering
          > on the cars. Printing the cars will take longer due
          > to shipping the cars to be printed and scheduling
          > the cars to be printed and then shipped back.
          >
          > 6. Foam inserts for the boxes have been talked
          > with by Loren Snyder. Could use simple foam pieces
          > to place in the box around the car.
          >
          > That is the current progress on the commemorative
          > cars. In a span of just a week or so, we as a Z
          > scale community have contacted manufacturers and
          > other suppliers and got the items needed for this
          > tribute to Bill. All of this would not be possible
          > if it were not the efforts of people like Bill
          > bringing us together in our hobby of Z scale model
          > railroading.
          >
          > The cars should arrive in Houston by the end of
          > this week. The other supplies are being put
          > together to be shipped out to Houston. The Houston
          > Z Bend Track group will have work sessions to
          > assemble the cars once all the supplies are
          > gathered. Will keep all of you informed on the
          > progress and price of the cars. Have a good Friday.
          > I will write an email on Saturday night after I get
          > home from Bill's visitation at the funeral home.
          > Stay on track.
          >
          > Chad Bryan
          > Houston Z Bend Track

          > removed]

          Don't pick lemons.
          See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
          http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
        • Allan Miller
          Message 4 of 28 , Feb 2, 2007
            Sounds like a very good plan. My perosnal feeing is that pad printing
            would be much preferred over decals, even if extra time is involved,
            but that's just a personal opinion.

            In any case, I will sure be interested in obtaining one or more of
            these cars, even though I'm not an SP modeler or fan. I am, however,
            a big fan of Bill and all that he contributed to the hobby and to my
            own knowledge of it.

            Allan

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:

            > Hello All,
            >
            > We have a good progress report to give on Bill's commemorative
            car. Here is what we have so far.

          • Fairbanks
            Message 5 of 28 , Feb 2, 2007
              Fantastic Chad. Thank You For The Update. This is a great thing everyone
              is doing

              Artie