Maybe ... just maybe!

  • jvmcsea@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      I washed the Kroc with Radio Shack Electronics Cleaner. Then flooded the
      ultrasonic bath with the stuff up to about 1/2" depth, put in the Swiss
      locomotive and hummed it for one minute on each side.

      After a 10 minute air dry I put the locomotive on the track and when the
      transformer dial was put full-on the lights came on and it "jumps" about 1/8"
      then stops (lights out). Ditto reverse operation.

      I will wait another 15 or so minutes, try again and will ultrasonic wash
      again if necessary.

      I'll keep you posted.

      John McC

    • Craig Anderson
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
        Think maybe you "shook" all the oil out? Those gears
        will mesh a bit better with a teeny bit of Wahl oil to
        smooth their surfaces. I think the results will do
        wonders (especially to your self-cofidence).

        Craig