Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Helping with Bill K's commemorative car

  • Loren Snyder
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 31, 2007
      Artie,
      Chad is the best one to contact for any info or offers of help in any way.
      I'm merely helping gather some of the items to make up the car packages.
      Uncle Will is offering the cars, Bob Olson the boxes, MTL the
      trucks/couplers, and I am working on a foam insert for Bob's boxes.
      Any donations should be directed to Chad.
      Hope this helps clear the air a bit.

      Loren

      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 1 8:14 AM
        Ditto.

        --- Fairbanks <fairbank@...> wrote:

        > Hello All
        >
        > When things are finalized then the information
        > should be put out in
        > simple to read form.
        >
        > Right now we are getting too many different things
        > that people are
        > saying to do. It is getting too confusing and we all
        > cant do everything
        > everyone is saying to do. Loren or another person
        > should be incharge of
        > information.
        > I dont want to lose out in helping and I even
        > offered up $100.00 to get
        > things started but right now I am real confised as
        > to the best thing to do
        >
        > When we get it set in stone let us know so we all
        > can get involved
        >
        > Artie

        It's here! Your new message!
      • miked_r
        Message 3 of 28 , Feb 1 8:24 PM
          Elf, what a great way to honor Bill's memory and legacy!

          Michael

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "elf_rohirrim" <elf-rohirrim@...> wrote:

          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@> wrote:
          > > Our prayers will be with Sue and the family during this time.
          Now Bill can be an
          > engineer for God's train.
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > Chad Bryan
          >
          > Bill was a big help to many and always generous with his knowledge.
          > I know I asked him a few questions along the way and have benefited
          > from his wealth of experience. In late 2005, he was in Portland and
          > came to our home for supper. The talk was great and we got to
          > know him a little more. It was a joy to have contact with Bill either
          > by email, by phone or in person.
          >
          > This weekend there will be a train show in Monroe, WA and another
          > two weeks later in Portland OR. I do not use any modules, but I
          > know others (NWPZ and CZM) will be present with modules running
          > many trains.
          > I have decided to wear a black arm band during both shows.
          > Should any visitors inquire, it will give me a chance to talk about
          Bill
          > and the impact he made on Z; there will be ample examples of ZBend
          > modules adjacent that I can point to that will confirm his impact.
          >
          > ELF

        • Chadrick Morris
          Message 4 of 28 , Feb 1 8:41 PM
            Hello All,

            We have a good progress report to give on Bill's commemorative car. Here is what we have so far.

            1. 250 cars donated by Uncle Will's Full Throttle. Two bay open hopper in Southern Pacific railroad, brown with white lettering. Bill's favorite railroad.

            2. Wheel sets donated by MTL through Loren Snyder.

            3. Clear boxes to put the cars in donated from Bob Olson with PennZee.

            4. Coal loads to put into the cars donated from Bill Hay from Hay Brothers.

            5. Talking with Michael Hilliard about decals. Also talked with Bob Olson about print pad lettering on the cars. Printing the cars will take longer due to shipping the cars to be printed and scheduling the cars to be printed and then shipped back.

            6. Foam inserts for the boxes have been talked with by Loren Snyder. Could use simple foam pieces to place in the box around the car.

            That is the current progress on the commemorative cars. In a span of just a week or so, we as a Z scale community have contacted manufacturers and other suppliers and got the items needed for this tribute to Bill. All of this would not be possible if it were not the efforts of people like Bill bringing us together in our hobby of Z scale model railroading.

            The cars should arrive in Houston by the end of this week. The other supplies are being put together to be shipped out to Houston. The Houston Z Bend Track group will have work sessions to assemble the cars once all the supplies are gathered. Will keep all of you informed on the progress and price of the cars. Have a good Friday. I will write an email on Saturday night after I get home from Bill's visitation at the funeral home. Stay on track.

            Chad Bryan
            Houston Z Bend Track

          • Hurley, Ronald J.,M.D.
            Message 5 of 28 , Feb 1 8:58 PM
              Chad,
              What about donations of $$? Should we send to you?
              Ron

              Sent by GoodLink (www.good.com)

[...]

              THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN THIS ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE PERSON OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED MATERIAL. ANY REVIEW, RETRANSMISSION, DISSEMINATION OR OTHER USE OF OR TAKING OF ANY ACTION IN RELIANCE UPON, THIS INFORMATION BY PERSONS OR ENTITIES OTHER THAN THE INTENDED RECIPIENT IS PROHIBITED. IF YOU RECEIVED THIS INFORMATION IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER AND THE PRIVACY OFFICER, AND PROPERLY DISPOSE OF THIS INFORMATION.
            • Tom Fisher
              Message 6 of 28 , Feb 1 9:08 PM
                Thanks for the very clear and concise report and
                thanks to all who contributed so much (including
                yourself).

                Are you taking orders yet?

                --- Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:

                > Hello All,
                >
                > We have a good progress report to give on Bill's
                > commemorative car. Here is what we have so far.
                >
                > 1. 250 cars donated by Uncle Will's Full
                > Throttle. Two bay open hopper in Southern Pacific
                > railroad, brown with white lettering. Bill's
                > favorite railroad.
                >
                > 2. Wheel sets donated by MTL through Loren
                > Snyder.
                >
                > 3. Clear boxes to put the cars in donated from
                > Bob Olson with PennZee.
                >
                > 4. Coal loads to put into the cars donated from
                > Bill Hay from Hay Brothers.
                >
                > 5. Talking with Michael Hilliard about decals.
                > Also talked with Bob Olson about print pad lettering
                > on the cars. Printing the cars will take longer due
                > to shipping the cars to be printed and scheduling
                > the cars to be printed and then shipped back.
                >
                > 6. Foam inserts for the boxes have been talked
                > with by Loren Snyder. Could use simple foam pieces
                > to place in the box around the car.
                >
                > That is the current progress on the commemorative
                > cars. In a span of just a week or so, we as a Z
                > scale community have contacted manufacturers and
                > other suppliers and got the items needed for this
                > tribute to Bill. All of this would not be possible
                > if it were not the efforts of people like Bill
                > bringing us together in our hobby of Z scale model
                > railroading.
                >
                > The cars should arrive in Houston by the end of
                > this week. The other supplies are being put
                > together to be shipped out to Houston. The Houston
                > Z Bend Track group will have work sessions to
                > assemble the cars once all the supplies are
                > gathered. Will keep all of you informed on the
                > progress and price of the cars. Have a good Friday.
                > I will write an email on Saturday night after I get
                > home from Bill's visitation at the funeral home.
                > Stay on track.
                >
                > Chad Bryan
                > Houston Z Bend Track

                > removed]

                Don't pick lemons.
                See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
                http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
              • Allan Miller
                Message 7 of 28 , Feb 2 3:42 AM
                  Sounds like a very good plan. My perosnal feeing is that pad printing
                  would be much preferred over decals, even if extra time is involved,
                  but that's just a personal opinion.

                  In any case, I will sure be interested in obtaining one or more of
                  these cars, even though I'm not an SP modeler or fan. I am, however,
                  a big fan of Bill and all that he contributed to the hobby and to my
                  own knowledge of it.

                  Allan

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:

                  > Hello All,
                  >
                  > We have a good progress report to give on Bill's commemorative
                  car. Here is what we have so far.

                • Fairbanks
                  Message 8 of 28 , Feb 2 5:04 PM
                    Fantastic Chad. Thank You For The Update. This is a great thing everyone
                    is doing

                    Artie