Helping with Bill K's commemorative car

  • loren snyder
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 30, 2007
      Some have stepped forward and offered to finance the cost of
      trucks/couplers. I know of two others besides myself who will donate
      monies toward this part of the project.

      I invite others to step forward and chip in also with Uncle Will.

      Let's all chip in and shoulder a portion of this, that way Uncle Will
      does not shoulder the entire car cost and ALL the monies spent on car
      purchases can go towards Sue and family.
      Loren
    • loren snyder
      Message 2 of 28 , Jan 30, 2007
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "loren snyder" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

        > Some have stepped forward and offered to finance the cost of
        > trucks/couplers. I know of two others besides myself who will donate
        > monies toward this part of the project.
        >
        > I invite others to step forward and chip in also with Uncle Will.
        >
        > Let's all chip in and shoulder a portion of this, that way Uncle Will
        > does not shoulder the entire car cost and ALL the monies spent on car
        > purchases can go towards Sue and family.
        > Loren

        All ready I have some personal responses to my question about helping out.
        Chad should be the one that donations are given to.

        I will be purchasing the truck/wheels sets and boxes from MTL and I
        have a call into MTL to see if they would be a contributor to this.

        I invite others to contact either me or Chad if you wish to be a part
        of this. ljsnyder@...

      • Edward Scullin
        Message 3 of 28 , Jan 30, 2007
          Early on I offered to contribute $100 towards the cost of a commemorative car. I am mailing my
          check to Loren Snyder in the morning. It will help pay for part of the truck mounted couplers.
          We need 8+ more people to step up just to pay for the trucks at cost 3.87 times 250 = 967.50
          If there are those who would rather contribute towards the car itself, send a check to Uncle Will.
          He is biting the big bullet.
          I also propose that the cars be sold a premium. It is a charitable contribution.

          Ed Scullin
          Roanoke VA

          --- loren snyder <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "loren snyder" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Some have stepped forward and offered to finance the cost of
          > > trucks/couplers. I know of two others besides myself who will donate
          > > monies toward this part of the project.
          > >
          > > I invite others to step forward and chip in also with Uncle Will.
          > >
          > > Let's all chip in and shoulder a portion of this, that way Uncle Will
          > > does not shoulder the entire car cost and ALL the monies spent on car
          > > purchases can go towards Sue and family.
          > > Loren
          > >

          > All ready I have some personal responses to my question about helping out.
          > Chad should be the one that donations are given to.
          >
          > I will be purchasing the truck/wheels sets and boxes from MTL and I
          > have a call into MTL to see if they would be a contributor to this.
          >
          > I invite others to contact either me or Chad if you wish to be a part
          > of this. ljsnyder@...
          >
          > Loren
          > Loren

        • Chadrick Morris
          Message 4 of 28 , Jan 30, 2007
            Hello All,

            Sue just called me at the office. Bill has passed away this afternoon 1/30/07 at 2:41pm. I feel at a loss. I will be in touch with Sue over the next few days to find out more on funernal arrangements and such. I will keep the groups informed. I have not told Sue of the latest news on the commemorative car. I did not feel it was the correct time. She does know we are working on the car just not on it's current progress. Please pass this sad news on to others who are not on the lists. 2006 was not a very good year for Bill health wise. It was hard to see such a strong man become weaker and weaker. Bill was the president of our local club and had to step down because he could not physically come to the meetings. Our prayers will be with Sue and the family during this time. Now Bill can be an engineer for God's train.

            Regards,
            Chad Bryan

          • Aaron Poscovsky
            Message 5 of 28 , Jan 30, 2007
              Within a year the model railroad have lost to great
              men. Ben Pearlman and Bill Kronenberger, both men that
              loved model railroading and family more than any two
              men I have every met in my life.
              If these two didn't trains with me, they talked about
              the love of their family.
              We all should take a moment and tell the ones we love
              how much we care for them.
              Aaron Poscovsky

              --- Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:

              > Hello All,
              >
              > Sue just called me at the office. Bill has passed
              > away this afternoon 1/30/07 at 2:41pm. I feel at a
              > loss. I will be in touch with Sue over the next few
              > days to find out more on funernal arrangements and
              > such. I will keep the groups informed. I have not
              > told Sue of the latest news on the commemorative
              > car. I did not feel it was the correct time. She
              > does know we are working on the car just not on it's
              > current progress. Please pass this sad news on to
              > others who are not on the lists. 2006 was not a
              > very good year for Bill health wise. It was hard to
              > see such a strong man become weaker and weaker.
              > Bill was the president of our local club and had to
              > step down because he could not physically come to
              > the meetings. Our prayers will be with Sue and the
              > family during this time. Now Bill can be an
              > engineer for God's train.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Chad Bryan

              > removed]

              Aaron Poscovsky
              AJ Model Trains
              10910 Old Katy Road
              Houston, Texas 77043
              713-467-9075
              Your Z and N Scale Supplier

              Finding fabulous fares is fun.
            • John Duino
              Message 6 of 28 , Jan 30, 2007
                > I also propose that the cars be sold a premium. It is a charitable
                > contribution.

                I'll second that. In light of Loren's later email stating that MTL will
                donate the trucks I'll send some to Uncle Will (heck, he probably still
                has draft on my checking account, anyway, after all the goodies I've
                bought from him ;-)

                Rest In Peace Bill. You're already missed.

                John
              • Loren Snyder
                Message 7 of 28 , Jan 30, 2007
                  Amen John, amen.
                  Loren

                  > I also propose that the cars be sold a premium. It is a charitable
                  > contribution.

                  I'll second that. In light of Loren's later email stating that MTL will
                  donate the trucks I'll send some to Uncle Will (heck, he probably still
                  has draft on my checking account, anyway, after all the goodies I've
                  bought from him ;-)

                  Rest In Peace Bill. You're already missed.

                  John

                • miked_r
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jan 30, 2007
                    Amen.

                    May Bill's memory be a blessing to us all always.

                    Amen.

                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Poscovsky <aposcovsky@...> wrote:

                    > Within a year the model railroad have lost to great
                    > men. Ben Pearlman and Bill Kronenberger, both men that
                    > loved model railroading and family more than any two
                    > men I have every met in my life.
                    > If these two didn't trains with me, they talked about
                    > the love of their family.
                    > We all should take a moment and tell the ones we love
                    > how much we care for them.
                    > Aaron Poscovsky
                    >

                    > --- Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Hello All,
                    > >
                    > > Sue just called me at the office. Bill has passed
                    > > away this afternoon 1/30/07 at 2:41pm. I feel at a
                    > > loss. I will be in touch with Sue over the next few
                    > > days to find out more on funernal arrangements and
                    > > such. I will keep the groups informed. I have not
                    > > told Sue of the latest news on the commemorative
                    > > car. I did not feel it was the correct time. She
                    > > does know we are working on the car just not on it's
                    > > current progress. Please pass this sad news on to
                    > > others who are not on the lists. 2006 was not a
                    > > very good year for Bill health wise. It was hard to
                    > > see such a strong man become weaker and weaker.
                    > > Bill was the president of our local club and had to
                    > > step down because he could not physically come to
                    > > the meetings. Our prayers will be with Sue and the
                    > > family during this time. Now Bill can be an
                    > > engineer for God's train.
                    > >
                    > > Regards,
                    > > Chad Bryan

                    > > removed]
                    > >

                    > Aaron Poscovsky
                    > AJ Model Trains
                    > 10910 Old Katy Road
                    > Houston, Texas 77043
                    > 713-467-9075
                    > Your Z and N Scale Supplier

                    > Finding fabulous fares is fun.
                    flight and hotel bargains.

                  • Dave Hjortnaes
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 30, 2007
                      Dear Ed:

                      Loren just informed us that MTL is donating the trucks and
                      couplers. Many thanks go to MTL for this generous offer. I will
                      send a check to Chad Bryan for $100 tomorrow. They will need funds
                      to purchase mailing envelopes, stamps, etc. If his Z club can go to
                      all the trouble of putting all these kits together, than that is the
                      least I can do. Their labor will be worth more than the small
                      contribution you, and I, and others are making.

                      It is too bad we cannot send around a big sympathy card for all of
                      us to sign. I hope everyone who reads these posts takes the time to
                      send a card or small note to Bill's family to let them know how much
                      Bill meant to all of us. The address is 5319 Redstart Street,
                      Houston, TX, 77096.

                      Dave Hjortnaes

                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Edward Scullin <sculline@...> wrote:

                      > Early on I offered to contribute $100 towards the cost of a
                      commemorative car. I am mailing my
                      > check to Loren Snyder in the morning. It will help pay for part
                      of the truck mounted couplers.
                      > We need 8+ more people to step up just to pay for the trucks at
                      cost 3.87 times 250 = 967.50
                      > If there are those who would rather contribute towards the car
                      itself, send a check to Uncle Will.
                      > He is biting the big bullet.
                      > I also propose that the cars be sold a premium. It is a
                      charitable contribution.

                      > Ed Scullin
                      > Roanoke VA
                      >

                      > --- loren snyder <ljsnyder@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "loren snyder" <ljsnyder@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Some have stepped forward and offered to finance the cost of
                      > > > trucks/couplers. I know of two others besides myself who will
                      donate
                      > > > monies toward this part of the project.
                      > > >
                      > > > I invite others to step forward and chip in also with Uncle
                      Will.

                      > > > Let's all chip in and shoulder a portion of this, that way
                      Uncle Will
                      > > > does not shoulder the entire car cost and ALL the monies spent
                      on car
                      > > > purchases can go towards Sue and family.
                      > > > Loren
                      > > >

                      > > All ready I have some personal responses to my question about
                      helping out.
                      > > Chad should be the one that donations are given to.
                      > >
                      > > I will be purchasing the truck/wheels sets and boxes from MTL
                      and I
                      > > have a call into MTL to see if they would be a contributor to
                      this.

                      > > I invite others to contact either me or Chad if you wish to be a
                      part
                      > > of this. ljsnyder@...
                      > >
                      > > Loren
                      > > Loren

                    • Loren Snyder
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jan 30, 2007
                        Dave,
                        I suggest we make use of USPS priority mailing boxes. They are free and for
                        $5.00 the sender can send the box priority mail and pay a little for the
                        time and effort and gas. Actual costs of the priority mail is $4.05 for up
                        to 1 pound. What think?

                        Excellent suggestion regarding a note or card to Sue and the kids.
                        Loren

                        Message 11 of 28 , Jan 31, 2007
                          That makes sense to me. A box will protect the car better than an
                          envelope. I will leave the decision up to Chad and his group. I
                          think now is the time to reflect on Bill, and allow the grieving
                          process to take it's course. This discussion can be continued after
                          the funeral.

                          Bill - we will all miss you.

                          Dave h.

                          > Dave,
                          > I suggest we make use of USPS priority mailing boxes. They are
                          free and for
                          > $5.00 the sender can send the box priority mail and pay a little
                          for the
                          > time and effort and gas. Actual costs of the priority mail is
                          $4.05 for up
                          > to 1 pound. What think?
                          >
                          > Excellent suggestion regarding a note or card to Sue and the kids.
                          > Loren

                        • William Dean Wright
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jan 31, 2007
                            My heartfelt condolence goes out to Sue and all of Bill's family at
                            this sad time. Bill will be remembered always. The Z Scale Community
                            has also lost one of it's most staunch supporters who worked
                            tirelessly, with great innovation and direction, to take our Hobby to
                            ever-greater heights.
                            With Sorrow,
                            Uncle Will Wright
                          • Edward Scullin
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jan 31, 2007
                              I wil second that idea.
                              Ed Scullin
                              Roanoke VA
                              --- Loren Snyder <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

                              > Dave,
                              > I suggest we make use of USPS priority mailing boxes. They are free and for
                              > $5.00 the sender can send the box priority mail and pay a little for the
                              > time and effort and gas. Actual costs of the priority mail is $4.05 for up
                              > to 1 pound. What think?
                              >
                              > Excellent suggestion regarding a note or card to Sue and the kids.
                              > Loren

                            • de Champeaux Dominique
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jan 31, 2007
                                --- Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> a écrit :

                                > Hello All,
                                >
                                > Sue just called me at the office. Bill has passed
                                > away this afternoon 1/30/07 at 2:41pm.

                                I didn't have the chance to meet Bill...But we will
                                miss him. So long Bill, and I hope you have a nice
                                place in the modelrailroader's Heaven.

                                http://fr.answers.yahoo.com
                              • de Champeaux Dominique
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jan 31, 2007
                                  --- Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> a écrit :

                                  > Hello All,
                                  >
                                  > Sue just called me at the office. Bill has passed
                                  > away this afternoon 1/30/07 at 2:41pm.

                                  I didn't have the chance to meet Bill...But we will
                                  miss him. So long Bill, and I hope you have a nice
                                  place in the modelrailroader's Heaven.

                                  Dominique

                                  http://fr.answers.yahoo.com
                                • Robert Toole
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jan 31, 2007
                                    Dave,
                                    Those of us in So Cal haven't forgotten him. I found an article in Z Track magazine from last July/Aug issure. Marcie and I sent he and Sue a get well card that was humorus and we hope it made both of them chuckle. Even though I never met the gentleman, from what I have read on this group, he certainly was a G I A N T in the Z scale world.

                                    Robert
                                    Hemet, Calif

                                  • Allan Miller
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jan 31, 2007
                                      VERY sad news! I almost wish I had not visited this site tonight
                                      because I sure didn't expect, or want, to read such tragic news.

                                      My condolences to Bill's family, friends, and associates. He left the
                                      world a better place because he did more than most to help others
                                      enjoy those precious leisure hours that we all treasure.

                                      I never met Bill in person, but certainly benefitted from his
                                      knowledge, experience, and friendship. Truly a credit to this hobby
                                      in every respect.

                                      Rest in peace, Bill!

                                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:

                                      > Hello All,
                                      >
                                      > Sue just called me at the office. Bill has passed away this
                                      afternoon 1/30/07 at 2:41pm. I feel at a loss. I will be in touch
                                      with Sue over the next few days to find out more on funernal
                                      arrangements and such. I will keep the groups informed. I have not
                                      told Sue of the latest news on the commemorative car. I did not feel
                                      it was the correct time. She does know we are working on the car just
                                      not on it's current progress. Please pass this sad news on to others
                                      who are not on the lists. 2006 was not a very good year for Bill
                                      health wise. It was hard to see such a strong man become weaker and
                                      weaker. Bill was the president of our local club and had to step down
                                      because he could not physically come to the meetings. Our prayers
                                      will be with Sue and the family during this time. Now Bill can be an
                                      engineer for God's train.

                                      > Regards,
                                      > Chad Bryan

                                    • Chadrick Morris
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jan 31, 2007
                                        Hello All,

                                        Sorry I did not post any emails last night. All I could do was sit in my chair and go over memories of running trains, building modules and burning my fingers making wiring harnesses with Bill. I called Sue this evening and she is doing fine but really misses Bill and still can't get over he is not home. Melissa the daughter is doing okay but staying in her room. Michael the son is taking this very hard and can't focus on work. Please keep Bill and his family in your prayers as they and all of us place Bill in his final resting place.

                                        The funeral home is called
                                        Forest Park Lawndale Funeral Home
                                        6900 Lawndale
                                        Houston, TX 77023
                                        (713)928-5141

                                        Please call to verify. The visitation for Bill will be on Saturday Feb. 3rd from 6pm to 9pm.
                                        I asked Sue for permission to bring one module and run trains during the visitation. I could tell I brought a smile to her face because of the chuckle and said "oh yes, that would be Bill and what he would do". The Houston Z Bend Track members will honor Bill with running trains in Southern Pacific railroad and wearing our Z Bend Track shirts.

                                        Bill's funeral will be held on Monday Feb. 5th at 2pm. The funeral is only for the family. I respect the family wishes.

                                        Bill's address to send flowers or cards is:
                                        Bill and Sue Kronenberger
                                        5319 Redstart St.
                                        Houston, TX 77096

                                        I also apologize for not sending or replying to any emails concerning the commemorative cars. I will read through the emails again and take notes. The ideas are great and the offer of help physically and financially is great. I would like to get started on the cars soon and have some ready before I take pre-orders. I will keep a list going as I see the requests on my computer. Especially who donates items and money towards the cause. And yes, all the money and proceeds will go to the family. Any and all donations will go for purchasing any materials needed to prepare the cars and for shipping. I have not figured up a price yet, but will do so once we know the costs of materials. I do agree that the cars need to be shipped out in a mailing box and not an envelope. Please keep the ideas and suggestions rolling. We got cars and now boxes and wheel sets are being worked out. Loads and decals are being talked over now. Will keep everyone posted on the progress of
                                        the cars. But first we need to take the time to remember Bill and pay our respects to the man that has made all of this happen for Z scale and made all of us a Z scale community literally around the world. Will keep all of you informed with any news.
                                        Have a good evening or day depending on when you read this. Stay on track.

                                        Regards,
                                        Chad Bryan

                                      • elf_rohirrim
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jan 31, 2007
                                          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:
                                          > Our prayers will be with Sue and the family during this time. Now Bill can be an
                                          engineer for God's train.

                                          > Regards,
                                          > Chad Bryan

                                          Bill was a big help to many and always generous with his knowledge.
                                          I know I asked him a few questions along the way and have benefited
                                          from his wealth of experience. In late 2005, he was in Portland and
                                          came to our home for supper. The talk was great and we got to
                                          know him a little more. It was a joy to have contact with Bill either
                                          by email, by phone or in person.

                                          This weekend there will be a train show in Monroe, WA and another
                                          two weeks later in Portland OR. I do not use any modules, but I
                                          know others (NWPZ and CZM) will be present with modules running
                                          many trains.
                                          I have decided to wear a black arm band during both shows.
                                          Should any visitors inquire, it will give me a chance to talk about Bill
                                          and the impact he made on Z; there will be ample examples of ZBend
                                          modules adjacent that I can point to that will confirm his impact.

                                          ELF
                                        • Fairbanks
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jan 31, 2007
                                            Hello All

                                            When things are finalized then the information should be put out in
                                            simple to read form.

                                            Right now we are getting too many different things that people are
                                            saying to do. It is getting too confusing and we all cant do everything
                                            everyone is saying to do. Loren or another person should be incharge of
                                            information.
                                            I dont want to lose out in helping and I even offered up $100.00 to get
                                            things started but right now I am real confised as to the best thing to do

                                            When we get it set in stone let us know so we all can get involved

                                            Artie
                                          • Loren Snyder
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jan 31, 2007
                                              Artie,
                                              Chad is the best one to contact for any info or offers of help in any way.
                                              I'm merely helping gather some of the items to make up the car packages.
                                              Uncle Will is offering the cars, Bob Olson the boxes, MTL the
                                              trucks/couplers, and I am working on a foam insert for Bob's boxes.
                                              Any donations should be directed to Chad.
                                              Hope this helps clear the air a bit.

                                              Loren

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Feb 1, 2007
                                                Ditto.

                                                --- Fairbanks <fairbank@...> wrote:

                                                > Hello All
                                                >
                                                > When things are finalized then the information
                                                > should be put out in
                                                > simple to read form.
                                                >
                                                > Right now we are getting too many different things
                                                > that people are
                                                > saying to do. It is getting too confusing and we all
                                                > cant do everything
                                                > everyone is saying to do. Loren or another person
                                                > should be incharge of
                                                > information.
                                                > I dont want to lose out in helping and I even
                                                > offered up $100.00 to get
                                                > things started but right now I am real confised as
                                                > to the best thing to do
                                                >
                                                > When we get it set in stone let us know so we all
                                                > can get involved
                                                >
                                                > Artie

                                                It's here! Your new message!
                                              • miked_r
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Feb 1, 2007
                                                  Elf, what a great way to honor Bill's memory and legacy!

                                                  Michael

                                                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "elf_rohirrim" <elf-rohirrim@...> wrote:

                                                  > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@> wrote:
                                                  > > Our prayers will be with Sue and the family during this time.
                                                  Now Bill can be an
                                                  > engineer for God's train.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Regards,
                                                  > > Chad Bryan
                                                  >
                                                  > Bill was a big help to many and always generous with his knowledge.
                                                  > I know I asked him a few questions along the way and have benefited
                                                  > from his wealth of experience. In late 2005, he was in Portland and
                                                  > came to our home for supper. The talk was great and we got to
                                                  > know him a little more. It was a joy to have contact with Bill either
                                                  > by email, by phone or in person.
                                                  >
                                                  > This weekend there will be a train show in Monroe, WA and another
                                                  > two weeks later in Portland OR. I do not use any modules, but I
                                                  > know others (NWPZ and CZM) will be present with modules running
                                                  > many trains.
                                                  > I have decided to wear a black arm band during both shows.
                                                  > Should any visitors inquire, it will give me a chance to talk about
                                                  Bill
                                                  > and the impact he made on Z; there will be ample examples of ZBend
                                                  > modules adjacent that I can point to that will confirm his impact.
                                                  >
                                                  > ELF

                                                • Chadrick Morris
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Feb 1, 2007
                                                    Hello All,

                                                    We have a good progress report to give on Bill's commemorative car. Here is what we have so far.

                                                    1. 250 cars donated by Uncle Will's Full Throttle. Two bay open hopper in Southern Pacific railroad, brown with white lettering. Bill's favorite railroad.

                                                    2. Wheel sets donated by MTL through Loren Snyder.

                                                    3. Clear boxes to put the cars in donated from Bob Olson with PennZee.

                                                    4. Coal loads to put into the cars donated from Bill Hay from Hay Brothers.

                                                    5. Talking with Michael Hilliard about decals. Also talked with Bob Olson about print pad lettering on the cars. Printing the cars will take longer due to shipping the cars to be printed and scheduling the cars to be printed and then shipped back.

                                                    6. Foam inserts for the boxes have been talked with by Loren Snyder. Could use simple foam pieces to place in the box around the car.

                                                    That is the current progress on the commemorative cars. In a span of just a week or so, we as a Z scale community have contacted manufacturers and other suppliers and got the items needed for this tribute to Bill. All of this would not be possible if it were not the efforts of people like Bill bringing us together in our hobby of Z scale model railroading.

                                                    The cars should arrive in Houston by the end of this week. The other supplies are being put together to be shipped out to Houston. The Houston Z Bend Track group will have work sessions to assemble the cars once all the supplies are gathered. Will keep all of you informed on the progress and price of the cars. Have a good Friday. I will write an email on Saturday night after I get home from Bill's visitation at the funeral home. Stay on track.

                                                    Chad Bryan
                                                    Houston Z Bend Track

                                                  • Hurley, Ronald J.,M.D.
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Feb 1, 2007
                                                      Chad,
                                                      What about donations of $$? Should we send to you?
                                                      Ron

                                                      Sent by GoodLink (www.good.com)

[...]

                                                      THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN THIS ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE PERSON OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED MATERIAL. ANY REVIEW, RETRANSMISSION, DISSEMINATION OR OTHER USE OF OR TAKING OF ANY ACTION IN RELIANCE UPON, THIS INFORMATION BY PERSONS OR ENTITIES OTHER THAN THE INTENDED RECIPIENT IS PROHIBITED. IF YOU RECEIVED THIS INFORMATION IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER AND THE PRIVACY OFFICER, AND PROPERLY DISPOSE OF THIS INFORMATION.
                                                    • Tom Fisher
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Feb 1, 2007
                                                        Thanks for the very clear and concise report and
                                                        thanks to all who contributed so much (including
                                                        yourself).

                                                        Are you taking orders yet?

                                                        --- Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:

                                                        > Hello All,
                                                        >
                                                        > We have a good progress report to give on Bill's
                                                        > commemorative car. Here is what we have so far.
                                                        >
                                                        > 1. 250 cars donated by Uncle Will's Full
                                                        > Throttle. Two bay open hopper in Southern Pacific
                                                        > railroad, brown with white lettering. Bill's
                                                        > favorite railroad.
                                                        >
                                                        > 2. Wheel sets donated by MTL through Loren
                                                        > Snyder.
                                                        >
                                                        > 3. Clear boxes to put the cars in donated from
                                                        > Bob Olson with PennZee.
                                                        >
                                                        > 4. Coal loads to put into the cars donated from
                                                        > Bill Hay from Hay Brothers.
                                                        >
                                                        > 5. Talking with Michael Hilliard about decals.
                                                        > Also talked with Bob Olson about print pad lettering
                                                        > on the cars. Printing the cars will take longer due
                                                        > to shipping the cars to be printed and scheduling
                                                        > the cars to be printed and then shipped back.
                                                        >
                                                        > 6. Foam inserts for the boxes have been talked
                                                        > with by Loren Snyder. Could use simple foam pieces
                                                        > to place in the box around the car.
                                                        >
                                                        > That is the current progress on the commemorative
                                                        > cars. In a span of just a week or so, we as a Z
                                                        > scale community have contacted manufacturers and
                                                        > other suppliers and got the items needed for this
                                                        > tribute to Bill. All of this would not be possible
                                                        > if it were not the efforts of people like Bill
                                                        > bringing us together in our hobby of Z scale model
                                                        > railroading.
                                                        >
                                                        > The cars should arrive in Houston by the end of
                                                        > this week. The other supplies are being put
                                                        > together to be shipped out to Houston. The Houston
                                                        > Z Bend Track group will have work sessions to
                                                        > assemble the cars once all the supplies are
                                                        > gathered. Will keep all of you informed on the
                                                        > progress and price of the cars. Have a good Friday.
                                                        > I will write an email on Saturday night after I get
                                                        > home from Bill's visitation at the funeral home.
                                                        > Stay on track.
                                                        >
                                                        > Chad Bryan
                                                        > Houston Z Bend Track

                                                        > removed]

                                                        Don't pick lemons.
                                                        See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
                                                        http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
                                                      • Allan Miller
                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Feb 2, 2007
                                                          Sounds like a very good plan. My perosnal feeing is that pad printing
                                                          would be much preferred over decals, even if extra time is involved,
                                                          but that's just a personal opinion.

                                                          In any case, I will sure be interested in obtaining one or more of
                                                          these cars, even though I'm not an SP modeler or fan. I am, however,
                                                          a big fan of Bill and all that he contributed to the hobby and to my
                                                          own knowledge of it.

                                                          Allan

                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Feb 2, 2007
                                                            Fantastic Chad. Thank You For The Update. This is a great thing everyone
                                                            is doing

                                                            Artie