Re: None of the above

  • jmac_han@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 178 , Jul 2, 2001
      Hi Scott,

      I included "None of the above" in anticipation of the wide range of
      tastes in Z. I'm glad that you mentioned ME style track. I think
      that this is the first reference to ME in our track discussion.

      I didn't include a SW9-1200 because we're going to see Billy
      Roden's prototype in St. Louis so I figured that this choice was
      covered in a fashion.

      As for a GP20 rebuild or GP35, can they be considered 2nd or
      3rd generation motive power? Once we get an idea of the
      response preferences we can hold a discussion on the
      particular prototypes that we are looking for. In a previous series
      of message exchanges on Z_Scale, we actually came up with a
      wish list. Strangely enough, none of our wishes have come
      true...no one was pining for an Alco PA!

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey MacHan

      --- In z_scale@y..., "Scott A. Whitmire" <whitmire@i...> wrote:
      > At 7/1/01 05:28 PM, you wrote:
      >
      > >Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the
      > >z_scale group:

      > > o New 1st generation road diesel (GP7-9) to complement
      the F7
      > > o More affordable starter set ($125 - $150)
      > > o Modern design track and turnouts (Kato style)
      > > o New 2nd or 3rd generation diesel (SD40 -45)
      > > o None of the above
      >
      > Have to go with None of the above on that. I need switchers
      (SW9/1200)
      > and GP-30s and 35s. I see lots of rebuilt Geeps on the BNSF.
      Many look
      > like they started out as GP20s, but I see lots of locos with the
      spotting
      > features of GP30s and 35s.
      >
      > As for track, we need ME style, not Unitrack style, but in more
      variety
      > than ME offers (#8, 10, and 12 turnouts, in addition to the #6s).
      >
      > So, my None of the above isn't because I'm happy with what's
      offered
      > in Z. I'm not. I don't like any of the alternatives, either. Sorry.
      >

      > Scott Whitmire
    • Don
      Message 178 of 178 , Mar 24, 2012
        Ha, how true. A couple of years ago my wife and I took a number of AMTRAK long distance trips. EVERY trip had a few "kids" who just could not be bothered to look out the windows in some of the most scenic parts of the far west of United States. iPods, iPhones, laptops, games and more ruled the day(s).

        ...don