Re: [z_scale] New poll for z_scale

  • Scott A. Whitmire
    Message 1 of 178 , Jul 1, 2001
      At 7/1/01 05:28 PM, you wrote:

      >Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the
      >z_scale group:
      >
      >Poll A: With approximately 400
      >members, Z_Scale is becoming a
      >credible voice for Z enthusiasts.
      >Here's your chance to vote in 2
      >related polls. This is poll A..."Which
      >of the following would you like to see
      >produced as a priority in Z?" Please
      >vote in poll B.
      >
      > o New 1st generation road diesel (GP7-9) to complement the F7
      > o More affordable starter set ($125 - $150)
      > o Modern design track and turnouts (Kato style)
      > o New 2nd or 3rd generation diesel (SD40 -45)
      > o None of the above
      >

      >To vote, please visit the following web page:

      >Note: Please do not reply to this message. Poll votes are
      >not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the Yahoo! Groups
      >web site listed above.
      >
      >Thanks!

      Have to go with None of the above on that. I need switchers (SW9/1200)
      and GP-30s and 35s. I see lots of rebuilt Geeps on the BNSF. Many look
      like they started out as GP20s, but I see lots of locos with the spotting
      features of GP30s and 35s.

      As for track, we need ME style, not Unitrack style, but in more variety
      than ME offers (#8, 10, and 12 turnouts, in addition to the #6s).

      So, my None of the above isn't because I'm happy with what's offered
      in Z. I'm not. I don't like any of the alternatives, either. Sorry.

      Scott Whitmire
      If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then
      programming must be the process of putting them in.
    • Don
      Message 178 of 178 , Mar 24, 2012
        Ha, how true. A couple of years ago my wife and I took a number of AMTRAK long distance trips. EVERY trip had a few "kids" who just could not be bothered to look out the windows in some of the most scenic parts of the far west of United States. iPods, iPhones, laptops, games and more ruled the day(s).

        ...don