Bill K Commemorative Car

  • Dave Hjortnaes
    Message 1 of 36 , Jan 25, 2007
      I spoke with Marklin today and they are more than willing to help put
      a car together. The local hobby shop is also willing to help out.
      Marklin is on its way to Massachusetts this weekend, and Nuremberg
      next week, but I can get the ball rolling from here.

      I was thinking of putting a one color picture of Bill on one side of
      the car, and the Z-Bend logo on the other side. Is there anyone out
      there with artistic talent that could draw this picture for us? Are
      there any preferences as to what car should be used? I am looking for
      input.

      Thanks to all.

      Dave Hjortnaes
    • dpstripe@aol.com
      Message 36 of 36 , Feb 2, 2007
        Even though Hay Bothers will be supplying the loads for the commemorative
        cars, I wanted to thank Randy Brown for his generous offer. I also would like
        to extend thanks to everyone that has offered their time and/or financial
        support to this endeavor. It demonstrates, once again, the feeling of community
        in Z-Scale. Not just the friends and Colleagues of Bill, but also our loyal
        and supportive manufacturers. This, to me, is the best part of Z-Scale.
        Dan S.

        In a message dated 1/30/2007 10:09:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        asmtrains@... writes:

        Hi,
        I would like to join, you all, in honoring Bill K. for his efforts on
        behalf of Z Scale.

        Should you decide to go with Uncle Will's hopper, as the
        commemorative car, I would be willing to donate the needed ore loads.

        Although I don't currently market any loads, I have been thinking
        about doing so and this load whould be just as good as any to start
        with.
        I will need to get one of these cars so I can create a proper master.
        I will also need time to get the car, create the master, make molds,
        etc.

        Can you tell me which car it is exactly (road name doesn't matter)
        and where can I purchase this car??

        Thanks,
        Randy Brown
        (Formerly Arrowhead Scale Models)