Re: [Z_Scale] MU'ing Microtrains GEEPs

  • Loren Snyder
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 2, 2007
      Daniel,
      You didn't miss a release, I just missed the right key on my keyboard.
      Should have read CR instead of CN.
      Loren

      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 2, 2007
        Good, simple and easy fix Robert.
        You da man.

        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 2, 2007
          Hi Loren,
          What?, there's a right end and a wrong end to those
          diesels? What about that crazy looking Cab Forward
          from AZL? And I really don't know what to do with my
          GG1... does it go in front of the train or in the back of the
          train? I'm going to put a motor in one of my Marklin
          cabooses and really go nuts! I'll even stick a cattle catcher
          on it. Tell everyone that in 1931 the engineers went on strike so the
          railroads had use the brakemen to drive the train.

          Silly, I know, but it coulda happened ;>)

          Reynard
          On Jan 2, 2007, at 12:36 PM, Loren Snyder wrote:
          > Well Reynard,
          > I'm sure glad we can keep our ignorance to ourselves and not blab
          > it all
          > over the world :o)
          > I'd hate to have any one who thinks I know a little, find out that
          > I know
          > very little on most subjects, and on a lot of them, I don't even
          > care a hoot
          >
          > I don't very often make any attempt to count rivets, check to make
          > sure the
          > paint is exactly the correct shade, my ballast the right size, or the
          > rolling stock is all the same general era. Shucks, I'm lucky to
          > realize
          > the pointy end on the F7 points forward.
          > But I like my trains anyway....
          >
          > Ignorant, but blissfully happy,
          > Loren

        • Russ Meier
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 2, 2007
            Loren,

            Let's go back to Canadian railroads, though! Who cares if you mistyped a key! Maybe JOE
            will listen and actually GIVE US A CN GP35!!!

            Anyway, right now as I type I have two perfectly matched GP-35s pulling 40 cars. That's the
            longest train I've personally ever put together so I'm pretty thrilled with the GP-35 from MTL.
            My CP GEEP is leading with the SOO GEEP in the second position.

            GO CP! Saw a long CP intermodal roll through Milwaukee's downtown mainline just a couple
            hours ago. Heard another one in the last 15 minutes. Ahhhh -- gotta love trains.....

            Russ Meier
            MILW, UP, and CP in Z
            Milwaukee, WI
          • Joe DAmato
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 2, 2007
              Hey, Hey... I've been pulling for CN GP's for a year now...maybe
              soon? I'm all ears..

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier" <agentink_and_zfan@...>
              wrote:

              > Loren,
              >
              > Let's go back to Canadian railroads, though! Who cares if you
              mistyped a key! Maybe JOE
              > will listen and actually GIVE US A CN GP35!!!
              >
              > Anyway, right now as I type I have two perfectly matched GP-35s
              pulling 40 cars. That's the
              > longest train I've personally ever put together so I'm pretty
              thrilled with the GP-35 from MTL.
              > My CP GEEP is leading with the SOO GEEP in the second position.
              >
              > GO CP! Saw a long CP intermodal roll through Milwaukee's downtown
              mainline just a couple
              > hours ago. Heard another one in the last 15 minutes. Ahhhh --
              gotta love trains.....

              > Russ Meier
              > MILW, UP, and CP in Z
              > Milwaukee, WI

            • Jeff Merill
              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 2, 2007
                You can always go DCC and then you can easily speed match them, at
                any speed.

                Jeff
                SF Bay Area Z

                > True,........mostly.
                > I must have ended up with the "un flawless" ones Reynard,
                meaning that I
                > have a jack rabbit 35 and a couple of "I don't want to get out of
                bed" 35s.
                > Not all of them are assembled the same, (maybe it is the "don't
                buy a car
                > made on Monday or Friday" syndrome, but there are on occasion
                locos that
                > seem to defy logic.
                >
                > I'm now making it a practice to test run each loco I sell before
                it leaves
                > my place. I found that the CN 35 had more problems in cosmetics
                and "bent"
                > hand rails than any other release. Maybe they were all put
                together on
                > Friday in the late afternoon :o) I think Anthony would second my
                statement.
                > Loren

              • Loren Snyder
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 2, 2007
                  Joe,
                  Don't you have some pulling power that you could tap into and just change
                  a few numbers on the order blank for the next run? Besides, you're the only
                  one who really knows what is going on around there anyway and who would
                  care?

                  Just trying to make a lot of guys happy, right Russ?

                  Loren

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 2, 2007
                    Wouldn't loosening up the tight one a bit still make for better running MU?
                    Seems like the less drag of any sort can't be a bad thing, right?

                    Loren

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 3, 2007
                      Russ

                      in according to http://www.rrpicturearchives.net CN had no GP35, only CP had some...

                      but if joe is listening, CN had GP7 and 9er's! And we canadian fans are waiting for a real bunch of SD40's of MTL in different road numbers... (hmm i will have to take a credit...)

                      greetings from switzerland, daniel
                      --
                      daniel baechtold
                      erlenstrasse 70

                      daniel.baechtold@...
                      http://www.glacier.park.ch.vu/

                    • Gert Velthuizen
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 3, 2007
                        CN had only 2 of them: numbers 4001 and 4002.

                        Gert

                        To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: daniel.baechtold@...: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:04:34 +0100Subject: [Z_Scale] MU'ing Microtrains GEEPs

                        Russin according to http://www.rrpicturearchives.net CN had no GP35, only CP had some...but if joe is listening, CN had GP7 and 9er's! And we canadian fans are waiting for a real bunch of SD40's of MTL in different road numbers... (hmm i will have to take a credit...)greetings from switzerland, daniel-- daniel baechtolderlenstrasse 70ch-4058 baseldaniel.baechtold@...://www.glacier.park.ch.vu/Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen! Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer

                      • Robert Ray
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 3, 2007
                          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

                          > Hey, Hey... I've been pulling for CN GP's for a year now...maybe
                          > soon? I'm all ears..
                          Good, I can use a couple CN now that I have my SD75's super limber,
                          they can MU with GP35's very well. I have the friction reduced to about
                          40 milliamps, and they scream! Relative.

                          -Robert ;)
                        • de Champeaux Dominique
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jan 4, 2007
                            > I have several GP35, and all run really well. My 2
                            > CP Geeps perform very well as a helper consist. I
                            > found out that if you have some "don't get out of
                            > bed" geeps, just loosen the chassis screws a bit,
                            > that might possibly help the gears to turn easier...

                            Myself I've 4 samples: 1 UP, 1 ATSF, and 2BN (+ 1
                            spare powered chassis, and waiting for the next
                            purchase: an Espee sample), and all of them, purchased
                            at various eras, are preforming great, and especially
                            their speeds are completely matching.

                            Dom

                            http://mail.yahoo.fr Yahoo! Mail
                          • Arthur F Sintef II {2nd}
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jan 5, 2007
                              Hi All

                              I have read of people in this group looking for the Hallmark UP
                              Locomotive & Tender
                              if you live n the Shirley Long Island New York Area the Hallmark off
                              Montauk Highway has 9 Locomotives and 5 Tenders available at 40% off
                              list price

                              I do get the impression that this group is not from my area but I just
                              thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone is interested.
                              I was there on January 4 2007. I dont know how many will be left tomorrow

                              Happy 2007

                              Artie
                            • Karin Svenson
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jan 7, 2007
                                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Arthur F Sintef II {2nd}"
                                <fairbank@...> wrote:

                                > I have read of people in this group looking for the Hallmark UP
                                > Locomotive & Tender

                                Hi, got myself 2 Hallmark UP locos but no tenders were to be had.
                                Does anyone have an extra tender? I would be willing to trade the 2nd
                                loco for a tender.

                                Karin
                              • pinekirk
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jan 7, 2007
                                  the hallmark store in canon city still has them on display and has 3
                                  or 4 on the rack at 40% off. also has one more turbine left (i
                                  bought two more for the alco trucks!). how many do you want? i'll
                                  get them monday or tues. and send them on. email or PM me with your
                                  address.
                                  dave f.

                                  p.s. this applies to anyone else too -- karin first, however ;^)