Re: The other Z Forums vs Z_Scale

  • Jim O'Connell
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
      Allen, True and well spoken. Whereas I feel that Z Central Station is
      a kinder and gentler place, we have had a problem or two with these
      contests. Today 5 or 6 of us will vote on a winner. Last month and
      previous months the whole body voted. Somehow it just didn't seem to
      work. I'm not the owner of the site. I know the owner to be bright and
      always well meaning. This time around we will limit the judges. Next
      time around? Who knows. Maybe only the owner will vote. After that
      more evaluation and perhaps the whole clan again. If you look back on
      this site. Nobody really cared or was surprise when a new photo
      appeared on the MotM section. It was chosen out of the whole body of
      work in our Photos section. It was chosen, and to the best of my
      knowledge, with no hassles. You basically didn't even know there was
      contest unless you popped up the winner. Seems to me I've never read
      any discussion about the contest in my two or so years here until a
      couple of months ago. I believe everyone here wants the best for our
      site, our hobby, and our scale. To that end, you may want vox populi,
      but some time vox dei is better. Peace in our time, Jim CCRR