New Year Push for New Freight on CORP

  • Joe DAmato
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2007
      Hi All,

      Well, 06 was a big year for MTL but the home CORP was lagging due to
      personal crap and the like. Anyway, put all that aside and have put
      my head down and started on some Freight Loren and I need on our
      modules. I stopped by Merlin Oregon on the way back from bringing my
      kids home from their mom's house and took a couple hundred shots of
      log cars and mixed freight at the City Sized mill there..got
      hooked...In the Joe D. photo file you'll see the styrene pattern for
      a outside rib Wood Chip Hopper inspired by Robert Ray's work. This
      is Old School patternmaking and it was fun to get off the computer
      and cut some plastic again. I have a home etching system from Micro
      Mark and did some sample shots of the ladders and other parts..so far
      so good. Tonight I hope to lay out the first part of the mold and
      then tomorrow do the insert and vents for casting. I'll post photo's
      as I go along so others might get the bug and do some custom work.
      Hope you all enjoy. At some point I will offer up a couple for
      Interchange duty, another subject I would like to start a thread on
      later this week.

      Cheers

      Joe
      MTL