Newbie

  • Lynette S. Losey
    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hello to all! It took me awhile to get here but I am thrilled. I
      appreciate all I will learn and see and hear here as I have always
      loved trains but z-scale is relatively new to me! I am a miniturist
      and a minature teddy bear artist.

      Thanks to Rob for giving me the link to this group {several moons ago}

      Lynette
    • John Duino
      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 1, 2007
        Welcome to the Z and the group! Your addiction has just begun...and I
        can hardly wait to see a Z-scale brown bear ambling through a picnic
        area...

        John

        On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 21:07 +0000, Lynette S. Losey wrote:
        > Hello to all! It took me awhile to get here but I am thrilled. I
        > appreciate all I will learn and see and hear here as I have always
        > loved trains but z-scale is relatively new to me! I am a miniturist
        > and a minature teddy bear artist.
        >
        > Thanks to Rob for giving me the link to this group {several moons ago}
        >
        > Lynette

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 1, 2007
          Welcome Lynette,
          This a fairly considerate group which has enough
          members so that any questions or contributions you
          might have should be responded to with our best
          ideas and comments. I like bears too, in fact I
          included a Z scale, big Kodiak bear in one of my
          kits. Not exactly a youngster's nap time companion,
          like a nice plush teddy, but a bear none-the-less.

          Best regardZ,
          Reynard

          On Jan 1, 2007, at 1:07 PM, Lynette S. Losey wrote:

          > Hello to all! It took me awhile to get here but I am thrilled. I
          > appreciate all I will learn and see and hear here as I have always
          > loved trains but z-scale is relatively new to me! I am a miniturist
          > and a minature teddy bear artist.
          >
          > Thanks to Rob for giving me the link to this group {several moons ago}
          >
          > Lynette

        • bearlover
          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 2, 2007
            Thank you John!!

            John Duino <jduino@...> wrote: Welcome to the Z and the group! Your addiction has just begun...and I
            can hardly wait to see a Z-scale brown bear ambling through a picnic
            area...

            John

            On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 21:07 +0000, Lynette S. Losey wrote:
            > Hello to all! It took me awhile to get here but I am thrilled. I
            > appreciate all I will learn and see and hear here as I have always
            > loved trains but z-scale is relatively new to me! I am a miniturist
            > and a minature teddy bear artist.
            >
            > Thanks to Rob for giving me the link to this group {several moons ago}
            >
            > Lynette

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • bearlover
            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 2, 2007
              Thanks Reynard! Bears fit in anywhere it seems! Lynette

              Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote: Welcome Lynette,
              This a fairly considerate group which has enough
              members so that any questions or contributions you
              might have should be responded to with our best
              ideas and comments. I like bears too, in fact I
              included a Z scale, big Kodiak bear in one of my
              kits. Not exactly a youngster's nap time companion,
              like a nice plush teddy, but a bear none-the-less.

              Best regardZ,
              Reynard

              On Jan 1, 2007, at 1:07 PM, Lynette S. Losey wrote:

              > Hello to all! It took me awhile to get here but I am thrilled. I
              > appreciate all I will learn and see and hear here as I have always
              > loved trains but z-scale is relatively new to me! I am a miniturist
              > and a minature teddy bear artist.
              >
              > Thanks to Rob for giving me the link to this group {several moons ago}
              >
              > Lynette

            • Kez
              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 2, 2007
                A warm welcome and Happy New Year to you, Lynette.

                We hope that you enjoy your stay, and that you learn a lot, and share all of
                your Z journeys with us!

                Your skill with miniatures will suit you well, and we look forward to seeing
                your efforts.

                Best regards,
                Bryan Keyser
                Vienna, VA
                DC Z_Bend Track

                > Hello to all! It took me awhile to get here but I am thrilled. I
                > appreciate all I will learn and see and hear here as I have always
                > loved trains but z-scale is relatively new to me! I am a miniturist
                > and a minature teddy bear artist.
                >
                > Thanks to Rob for giving me the link to this group {several moons ago}
                >
                > Lynette
              • bearlover

                  > Hello to all! It took me awhile to get here but I am thrilled. I
                  > appreciate all I will learn and see and hear here as I have always
                  > loved trains but z-scale is relatively new to me! I am a miniturist
                  > and a minature teddy bear artist.
                  >
                  > Thanks to Rob for giving me the link to this group {several moons ago}
                  >
                  > Lynette

                • Melissa Cull
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jan 3, 2007
                    Hello Lynette,

                    Great to see another lady modeller. If you can do Z scale teddy bears that
                    would be fabulous. Teddies are great in any size though:-)

                    Kind RegardZ

                    Melissa Cull
                    UK

                      Message 10 of 29 , Jan 4, 2007
                        Hi Lynette,

                        Well Z-Scale is the ideal scale for people that say "I don't do big!"....
                        I've not seen a Z Scale mini yet.

                        I'm trying to create Z scale German food for my Bavarian Mountain Food
                        themed layout as well as a giant illuminated advertising Wurst / sausage for
                        the sausage factory.

                        Kind RegardZ

                        Melissa
                        UK

                        Message 11 of 29 , Jan 14, 2012
                          Hey Folks!

                          Starting out with Z scale from N scale. I have mostly Micro-Train track that I got for a song. I am having difficulty with the frogs in the turnouts. They do not seem to hold their position well and seem loose. Anyone have success with altering or adjusting these before? I am getting consistant derailments from several of the cars.

                          I saw Rokuhan track. Is it compatible with Micro-Train track?

                          I have two Marklin "Pacifics" and a Micro-train GP-35. Trying to create a Minneapolis to Seattle layout with GN, NP, CB&Q and BN. Not a big prototype guy.

                          Eric
                        • mark2playz
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jan 14, 2012
                            Eric,
                            Welcome to Z scale. I've been using the MTL turnouts for a while and other than cleaning up some rough edges on newly purchased units and keeping crud out of them, I haven't had any problems. If the isssue is with specific cars, you might want to check the wheel gauge.
                            You can use the Rokuhan track with MTL if you don't use the roadbed joiners. You might want to check out the links on the Peco thread for more details on the tracks.

                            Mark

                            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "proverbs30789" <proverbs30789@...> wrote:

                            > Hey Folks!
                            >
                            > Starting out with Z scale from N scale. I have mostly Micro-Train track that I got for a song. I am having difficulty with the frogs in the turnouts. They do not seem to hold their position well and seem loose. Anyone have success with altering or adjusting these before? I am getting consistant derailments from several of the cars.
                            >
                            > I saw Rokuhan track. Is it compatible with Micro-Train track?
                            >
                            > I have two Marklin "Pacifics" and a Micro-train GP-35. Trying to create a Minneapolis to Seattle layout with GN, NP, CB&Q and BN. Not a big prototype guy.
                            >
                            > Eric

                          • kevin
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jan 15, 2012
                              Hi Eric

                              Members of my club have seen the same proble with MTL track. They have change switches to solve the problem.

                              I have do not have this problem with the Marklin Track.

                              My lay out is a group of Z Bend Track Models and I like switches alot, one of my 3 x3 moduleu has 19 switch on it.

                              I have used Marklin Track with MTL Flex for over ten years now and have never had a prblem with a Marklin switches. Yes there are expensive but when you start repaceing switches the MTL track add up to be more. Your getting what you pay for

                              Everyone in Z Scale in America ran to the MTL track and switches and their seems to be problems and now the fad is to run Rokuhan.

                              I say before telling people to use this track we should see it in use for Ten years.

                              Kevin

                              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "proverbs30789" <proverbs30789@...> wrote:

                              > Hey Folks!
                              >
                              > Starting out with Z scale from N scale. I have mostly Micro-Train track that I got for a song. I am having difficulty with the frogs in the turnouts. They do not seem to hold their position well and seem loose. Anyone have success with altering or adjusting these before? I am getting consistant derailments from several of the cars.
                              >
                              > I saw Rokuhan track. Is it compatible with Micro-Train track?
                              >
                              > I have two Marklin "Pacifics" and a Micro-train GP-35. Trying to create a Minneapolis to Seattle layout with GN, NP, CB&Q and BN. Not a big prototype guy.
                              >
                              > Eric

                            • mark2playz
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jan 15, 2012
                                Eric,
                                Out of curiosity can anyone answer Jeff's question about the switches or has anyone in your club opened a switch to determine why its loose or returned it to the factory? Its hard for MTL to fix something if they don't it broken.
                                Remember Intel shipped a million Pentium processors before they realized it couldn't multiply right and nearly nobody noticed.

                                Mark

                                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "kevin" <kd79ctls@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Eric
                                >
                                > Members of my club have seen the same proble with MTL track. They have change switches to solve the problem.
                                >
                                > I have do not have this problem with the Marklin Track.
                                >
                                > My lay out is a group of Z Bend Track Models and I like switches alot, one of my 3 x3 moduleu has 19 switch on it.
                                >

                                > I have used Marklin Track with MTL Flex for over ten years now and have never had a prblem with a Marklin switches. Yes there are expensive but when you start repaceing switches the MTL track add up to be more. Your getting what you pay for
                                >
                                > Everyone in Z Scale in America ran to the MTL track and switches and their seems to be problems and now the fad is to run Rokuhan.
                                >
                                > I say before telling people to use this track we should see it in use for Ten years.
                                >

                                > Kevin
                                >

                                > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "proverbs30789" <proverbs30789@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Hey Folks!
                                > >
                                > > Starting out with Z scale from N scale. I have mostly Micro-Train track that I got for a song. I am having difficulty with the frogs in the turnouts. They do not seem to hold their position well and seem loose. Anyone have success with altering or adjusting these before? I am getting consistant derailments from several of the cars.
                                > >
                                > > I saw Rokuhan track. Is it compatible with Micro-Train track?
                                > >
                                > > I have two Marklin "Pacifics" and a Micro-train GP-35. Trying to create a Minneapolis to Seattle layout with GN, NP, CB&Q and BN. Not a big prototype guy.
                                > >
                                > > Eric

                              • Jeff
                                Message 15 of 29 , Jan 16, 2012
                                  Are the derailments are in one or both directions?

                                  Random cars / locos or all?

                                  Have you manually 'slid' them thru the turnout to determine is it the points or the frog area?

                                  Are you trying to run thru an 'incorrectly' positioned points ? You can on märklin but mostly only with metal wheels. You cannot with the MTL turnouts.

                                  Jeff M
                                  SF Bay Area Z