Looking for a project...

  • trainsrunner
    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 28, 2006
      Hi everyone!

      It's been a few since I've posted, but I have been lurking, nonetheless.

      Right now I'm looking for a project. I'd like to do some Z design work, and I'm interested in
      knowing what people would most like to see (i.e. in rolling stock and/or locomotives). So,
      sound off! Let me know what you'd like me to design!

      All the best,

      Mr. W
    • Randall Smidt
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 3, 2007
        Dominique,

        The Amtrak West cars that AZL makes are California Cars and are only used in California. You are thinking of the Superliner cars that are used on the long distance trains. They look similar in that they are both two level cars but are in fact very different cars. I'm guessing that AZL did the California cars because they go along with the F59PHI. While Superliners are much more numerous, I don't believe that FR had released their F40PH when AZL came out with the commuter passenger cars. Superliners would run with either F40PH's or the newer Genesis locomtives from GE.

        Randy

        de Champeaux Dominique <ddechamp71@...> wrote:

        (I'm not including the AZL
        > brass passenger cars and the plastic commuter
        > coaches and cab cars because one is expensive enough
        > to not be mass-market and the other is not for long
        > distance trains).
        >
        > Randy

        Randy, I've not a great knowledge of passenger trains,
        but in my opinion the cars sold in the AZL Amtrak set
        look like the samples used in long haul Amtrack
        trains, as far as I've seen them when railfanning at
        various locations, such as Cajon Pass or the Moffat
        Line....

        Just my two cents, and happy new year to all.

        Dominique

        En finir avec le spam? Yahoo! Mail vous offre la meilleure protection possible contre les messages non sollicit├ęs
        http://mail.yahoo.fr Yahoo! Mail