Re:Roadbed solution from Jeffery

  • jmac_han@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2001
      Hi Dale,

      Yes there is a reason. I tend to use flex track rather than
      sectional pieces for greater savings, easier curves and fewer
      joints. If you weather flex track before laying it, there's a good
      chance that it won't be as flexible as it once was :-(

      And if you can flex it, the movement of the molded spikes will
      remove the weathering along the bottom rail edge leaving
      reflective shiney silver spots.

      If you weather sectional track before laying it, try to avoid getting
      paint near or into the joiner or receiving rail end. Paint in the
      joint will not help conductivity and may cause headaches later.
      You're going to have to touch up the joints later anyway.

      Just my approach to the joy of weathering track.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey