Micro Trains GP-9

  • cadillac1949
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2006
      Has any one heard more about the new GP-9's ie: price, roadnames etc.?
      I just bought a pair of the BN GP-35's last week and they are simply
      amazing! (almost as good as a modern N loco) They are infinitely
      superior to the 10 other older Micro Trains F-7's and various Marklin
      locos that I have purchased over the last decade. Even though I have
      been involved in Z for a while, up until now the locos I had were
      noticeably worse than my N scale was back in the early seventies.(I
      got one of the English Lone Star sets for X-mas back in 1963 or 64 but
      don't recall it running very good either)
    • Loren Snyder
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
        My uneducated guess is that they will be similar to the Geep 35s. Could be
        a bit less, but certainly not more, even though the cost of electric motors
        has risen a bit lately for MTL.
        No matter the cost, I'd be willing to bet that by next June a lot of us will
        have lighter pockets not just because of tax day in April, but also because
        of AZL and MTL offering up their latest creations......yum yum.
        Loren

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
            Randy,
            Sometimes I think you have too much free time on your hands to go and worry
            about the cost of copper? Instead, you should be squirreling your money
            away so you can make that trek out to Anaheim in 2008 to play trains with
            all the West coast crazies!
            Maybe you would add a little sanity to our gangs of rough necks and
            hooligans.............naw, I doubt it :o)
            Loren

            I'm curious how much the rising price of copper has affected motor prices?

            Randy

          • metric82
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 5, 2006
              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Randall Smidt <randy@...> wrote:

              > I'm curious how much the rising price of copper has affected motor
              prices?

              > Randy

              My guess, Randy, is not nearly as much as the plummeting value of the
              US dollar.

              Mark
            • Randall Smidt
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
                Yes, Mark, I just heard that the dollar looks like it will keep dropping for a while as well. Not good news for Z scalers in the USA in respect to purchasing Marklin, AZL and other companies (like Mark4Design). But I guess it just means our friends across the Pond will fare better (I hope someone benefits - no I'm not an economist - just an engineer).

                I know the last time Marklin adjusted it's prices up by almost 20%, I had to wait much longer than I wanted to get my second GG-1. :-(

                Randy