Life Magazine in todays newspapaer

  • Dave Hjortnaes
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
      There is an article about the National Train Show in this weekends LIFE
      magazine. Andy Shaw has a nice picture of his Z scale layout in the
      article. It also mentions that last years show featured a layout with
      an eight-foot tall mountain. I thought Rob's layout was taller than
      that.

      dave h.
    • Randall Smidt
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
        I think the mountain was close to 10 feet tall, but I Rob will have to answer that one.

        Can you give us any more details on the article? None of the papers in my local area carry the LIFE insert.

        Thanks,
        Randy smidt

        Dave Hjortnaes <dlhort1955@...> wrote:
        There is an article about the National Train Show in this weekends LIFE
        magazine. Andy Shaw has a nice picture of his Z scale layout in the
        article. It also mentions that last years show featured a layout with
        an eight-foot tall mountain. I thought Rob's layout was taller than
        that.

        dave h.

      • Don Avila
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2006
          Randy:

          Contact me off line with your address and I'll send it too you. If you
          don't see it though you really haven't missed too much. Regarding the
          height, you have to decide whether you measure from the floor or from
          the viewing platform(s) you stood on.

          .don

          Don
          Akron, Ohio - USA