SD70 wheel regauging

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hi all, as I've just received my MTL turnouts, I've
      also noticed that my wonderful AZL SD70 have a trend
      to derail while proceeding accross frog and
      guardrails.

      As I've purchased a MTL track gauge I've noticed, like
      others before myself, that my SD70 wheel gauge is a
      little bit narrow and need to be widened.

      So I'm looking after the experience of those who have
      already done it (I think to you Lajos Thek <wink>).

      How did you proceed? Did you simply use a jewellery
      screwdriver? Isn't there a risk of bending or even
      worth, twisting the wheel and/or axle doing this? Or
      did you take these beauties appart in order to have a
      direct access to both the lower side and upper side of
      the trucks and wheelset? I'm not very enthusiastic
      about taking appart these jewels....

      BTW every input is welcome here!

      Dominique

      http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 10, 2006
        --- Daniel Baechtold <daniel.baechtold@...> a
        écrit :

        > Dominique
        >
        > I know this problem, I had it with my f59phi
        > (without wheel -regauging). I solved it with
        > adjusting the power pickup metal strips from the
        > trucks to the chassis. just bend them up on the side
        > where the loco leans over.
        >
        > hope this works! best wishes, daniel

        Thanks Daniel. Indeed Rob K. gave me some tips to take
        this beauty appart, and I think it'll be the best way
        to find what my problem is and to solve it.
        All the best,
        Dominique

        http://fr.answers.yahoo.com