RE: RE : Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Undecorated MTL GP35

  • Gert Velthuizen
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
      FriendZ,

      Next to that, the GP7 and GP 9 have always been true kitbashers both in real life and in modelling:
      In a B configuration, with or without Dynamics, with or without torpedo's on top, with or without a low short hood, company custom extra's like bell and headlights, spark arrestors, winterhatches, rebuild engines by Cat with extra stacks, in modern era there come ditchlights and so forth. Maybe the most extreme, but isn't there a GP9 rebuild into a Fuel Tender....??

      A friend of mine has over a dozen different GP9's all in his own RRcolors, I know he got a little enthousiastic and created some very fictioius versions, but still, on a GP 9 it is believeable. It wouldn't on a GP 35.

      See? A true kitbasher and therefor the market for this machine is very different from the GP35 concerning undecs. On the other hand I can understand the AZL position about this and kitbashers know exactly what to do with paint they don't want. I will wait for MTL to bring out the GP9 and hope for the undecversion. I have already been searching some photo archives to find details for two kitbashprjects.
      The AZL machines look very good and are a great contribution to this nice hobby, don't let there be any misunderstanding.

      Have a great weekend searching an planning (and finding the bucks)
      Gert

      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: ddechamp71@...: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 09:54:05 +0100Subject: RE : Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Undecorated MTL GP35

      My idea about that question, as I'm modelling modernera. I believe there are currently far more GP7/GP9running on shortlines or as switchers on spurs, thanGP35s whose roster seems now to be very lower, exceptsome samples still running on class I or class IIrailroads, such as BNSF or MRL.What I mean: the markets seem different.On one side, not so many companies, old or present,running GP35s.On the other side, a myriad of big operators (old era)and small operators (modern era) running GP7/9s.I believe it's very unlikely to see this sample forexample, either from AZL and from MTL:http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=165674That's why I believe maybe the market would allowundec GP7/9s where there is few room for an undecGP35.Just an idea.Dominique__________________________________________________________ Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions ! Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses http://fr.answers.yahoo.com