Searails' Z offerings

  • elf_rohirrim
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2006
      At the Medford Train show, I had a chance to see and handle some of the buildings now
      available from Searails. I had not seen any of their items in person since the NTS in Seattle
      (2+ years ago!).

      The quality and detail of the buildings is MOST impressive. I was blown away by surface
      texture and the variety of what Jim is offering. The photos on his website and flyer don't
      even begin to give an impression of what level of detail comes through.

      Jim was kind enough to offer to put some buildings on the big module so the public could
      see what is available if they missed his table (what a marketer!). I took a number of
      photos of buildings so I can decide what I will get when I arrive at that stage in my larger
      layout. Some of the industrial buildings are visually interesting and will complement my
      other buildings.

      I also found out that Jim's manufacturing method (he refers to it as "printing", but I don't
      claim to know how that refers to these three dimensional objects) allows him to make easy
      alterations and customizations. You like the "Post Office" building but want a different
      sign to create a different industry? No problem, Jim says; just mark it on the order form
      and he'll take care of it.

      If you get a chance to see the Searails buildings in person, check them out and be
      impressed. You may also want to have you checkbook or credit card handy!

      ELF