Re: MTL Turnouts & AZL Locos

  • Joe DAmato
    Message 1 of 57 , Oct 31, 2006
      Larry,

      Honest, I had/have no desire to exclude the running of any other
      product on our track. I did my very best to accomodate everything I
      could get my hands on and once things were lined up, things worked.
      I've only been with MTL for 5 years next month, so I assume that
      Keith Edwards worked with Marklin when establishing our standards in
      the shop. Trust me, our QC is on this stuff and I have to test, re-
      test and then test some more to get her approval. I couldn't do
      this without her knowledge and persistance. We have numbers and we
      have to stick to them, so, at least I know what my stuff will do. I
      wish I could have done something to accomodate what ever was going
      on out there, but there's no way. For those that are upset or PO'd
      at me, point the gun at me, I'm a big boy and will try and make it
      right for you. I want everyone to have a good experience with our
      product and others so we can make this scale the champion it
      deserves to be.

      Cheers

      Joe
      MTL--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Card" <lpcard@...> wrote:

      > I would bet that if MicroTrains locos and rolling stock wheels
      which have
      > been checked with the MicroTrains gauge works perfectly on the
      turnouts, and
      > if the gauge of the turnouts also check good with the MicroTrains
      gauge,
      > that MicroTrains will not change a blessed thing. I would also
      bet that if
      > you adjust the wheels on your other-than-MicroTrains locos and
      rolling stock
      > with the MicroTrains gauge that they will work perfectly on the
      MicroTrains
      > turnouts as well. I'm guessing that MicroTrains will not
      compromise their
      > design to accomodate the locos and rolling stock of other than
      MicroTrains
      > brands. If MT has a say in the matter, I would hazard a guess
      that they
      > would prefer the MicroTrains gauge to be the standard to which
      other
      > manufacturers will aspire. At least then there would be a
      standard, or have
      > I misunderstood that particular thread?
      > V/R
      > Larry P. Card
      > Franklinton NC
      >
      > >I'll take that bet Loren. :)
      > >I think I might win already,
      > >if my logic is correct.
      > >In a mold, wouldnt they need to ADD something to it, and not file
      it
      > >away, to create more space in the product??????
      >
      > > > Good thoughts, and I agree. I'll wager a dime or two that Joe
      > >will have the
      > > > manufacturer shave a bit off the guard rail area on the master
      > >mold and the
      > > > new ones will have that added space that will make all runners
      > >happy!
      >

      > > > are bound to be a few bugs. But, MTL is a great company and
      will
      > >correct
      > > > issues if they can. I for one see the turnouts setting a new
      > >standard for Z.

      > Try the next generation of search with Windows Live Search today!
      > http://imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/searchlaunch/?locale=en-
      us&source=hmtagline

    • Jim Glass
      Message 57 of 57 , Nov 1, 2006
        Joe,

        This is a lurker's reply. What problem? Harold Oakley is a collector AND
        runner of Marklin since Z's founding in 1972. He is so enthusiastic about
        the MT track that he bought out a dealer's supply and has been running old
        and new Marklin ever since with NO problems. He dropped by just to tell me
        how much he likes the track. Good job, Joe and MTL. I suspect a wheel gauge
        would solve most of the problems. Lovingly :-),

        JimGl
        Redmond, WA