Re: [Z_Scale] switches again

  • Garth Hamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2006
      At 08:12 AM 10/31/2006, Allan Cox you wrote:
      >I'm merely telling the truth, it's not a threat. I'm not going to buy
      >MTL turnouts unless they fix the compatibility. Peter Wright
      >incidentally *did* adjust his to work will all stock and I defy anyone
      >to spot the difference without a micrometer.
      >
      >I'm really impressed with MTL's rolling stock and coupling systems. I'm
      >really impressed with the look of the turnouts.

      I think you need to try a pair on your own layout. I have not got a
      single piece of Marklin rolling stock that does not run through these
      switches without a problem. The only engine I fiddled with after
      getting the switches was the AZL sd75 and that was a 5 minute fix to
      get it running flawlessly. Even my Japanese Z-gauge stuff runs
      through it flawlessly. All the other engines ran fine through these
      switches. The only thing that runs as well as this the the Peco and
      Micro trains flex with Wright turnouts. I long ago put my Marklin
      track and switches in the scrap pile and used anything including hand
      laid to get away from those Marklin turnouts.

      Anyone want a pair of Marklin turnouts? and some track?.

      Buy a loop of Micro Track and a pair of switches and some extra
      straight track and have a ball on the top of a table.

      There are all sorts of nay sayers but you have to try it before you slam it.

      Got 8 switches and looking for more.

      regards
      Garth