Re: MTL Turnouts & Track

  • Cliff Travis
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2006
      Marklin Insulated railjoiners work fine just as the MTL switches can
      be easily connected to Marklin track
      & switches.

      A major problem with MTL Switches is with manufacturing tolerances
      involving Rail & Frog heights.
      On a large # of switches there is a .010' difference in the heights
      of the frog and the adjoning rail which causes a rough ride and per
      haps snagging of flanges.

      Cliff

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Moore" <katherinesdaddy@...>
      wrote:

      > Any code 55 insulated joiner will work. I like the ones from atlas
      or
      > peco.
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, fredshark@ wrote:
      > >
      > > I am very excited by the release of new turnouts and the future
      > releases of new radii track from MTL. Just wondering what everyone
      > might be using for insolated rail joiners? Is there a manufactured
      > product or is everyone fabricating their own insolated joiner?
      Thank