Re: [Z_Scale] Back on list

  • Garth Hamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2006
      No bouncing to Yahoo is they sent a message down the pipe and they
      did not get the hand shake to say it was received. Since messages are
      sent in packets most messages are sent in more than one packet. If 20
      were sent and only 19 received then you get one bounce added to your
      counter and Yahoo resend the packet. If that packets repeatedly gets
      lost then your ISP has an incomplete message and does not pass it on
      to you and it goes dead and Yahoo has added a few more ticks to your counter.

      Bounces are not rare but in high traffic routes there can be traffic
      jams at intersections and some traffic does not get through. It can
      be compared to you coming out of a parking garage in a big city at
      rush hour. Everything is bumper to bumper in front of you even when
      moving. Every time you inch forward but do not get into the traffic
      is a bounce.

      regards
      Garth