Re: [Z_Scale] WANTED: Stater Kit

  • Uwe Liermann
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 2, 2006
      Hello,

      the Super DeLuxe 8183x is still in the 2006 catalogue, and at
      www.maerklin.de the 81830 (230V) is listed as not available from the
      factory, whereas the 81835 (120V) is listed as "currently" not
      available.
      Maerklin prices both at 459 EUR. I just found the 81830 for 349 EUR
      fixed price and 2 available at the known auction site. Unfortunately
      it is the German 230V version of the set... :-(

      --
      GreetingZ
      Uwe
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 2, 2006
        > Gang, I hope this thread on Marklin Starter Kits is ringing some
        bells over at MTL. I don't see their name mentioned. A shame. Cheers,
        Jim A New CCRR

      • saundebn@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 2, 2006
          The 81835 is still listed in the US at at least one online retailer as evident by the following link ... price given in $499.99 (one penny under Steve's original request:o).
          http://www.ajckids.com/trains/detail.asp?Item=81835&Man=Marklin&scale=Z&Group=set&Era=&Road=&yr=03

          I acquired this very set over a year ago and I felt it was well worth the price for all the stuff that you get (2 complete trains, 2 power packs and a large selection of track & turnouts) ... its a great way to go for a standalone layout.

          Brad

          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 2, 2006
            In truth, I thought seriously about starting out with MTL because I have had such a great experience with MTL in N scale. But Marklin makes it so easy to get going. I guess I'm stating the obvious?
            Steve P

            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 2, 2006
              In a message dated 10/2/06 2:37:46 PM, stevepiw@... writes:

              > Will a gaugemaster help?

              Yes it will. A Gaugemaster will take the dirty track equation out of the
              scenario. I have used Relcos for years and have now started converting over to
              Gaugemasters. I am testing to see if there is a difference. So far, I am very
              happy with both!

              Note, I am completely bias since I use them and sell them!

              Rob

              Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
              6142 Northcliff Blvd.
              Dublin, OH 43016
              phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
              http://www.ztrack.com/
              Distributor American Z Line

            • Alan Cox
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 2, 2006
                Ar Llu, 2006-10-02 am 15:46 -0500, ysgrifennodd Larry Donsbach:

                > My last order to Germany was for Euro 177. or $224. Oh well, II just
                > will have to go with the times.

                If its any consolation MTL stuff is getting more and more competitive
                this side of the pond as a result of the dollar sliding.

              • davendiana
                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 3, 2006
                  I am surprised that no one has mentioned David Karps web site. Do it
                  yourself in Z-scale. It has the most info in a few topics
                  easily accessed that I have found in over 7 years of Z modeling.
                • robertfage@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 3, 2006
                    so what is the address of the site??????

                    Bob Fage (in the UK)

                  • davendiana
                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 4, 2006
                      "Do it yourself in Z scale" Place in Google and hit 'Go'. Dave S.