Re: Heritage Line for Z - Re: [Z_Scale] Catch-22

  • Ed Dalman
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2006
      Rick,

      Thanks for your Catch-22 update. I was a kid in Holland during WW2. I hace heardthat expression overthere.
      Also thanks for the tip on inventoring the locs and cars.
      At the moment I am in Holland andf will be back in 3 weeks.

      Take care,
      Ed Dalman
      Lakeside, CA.

      Rick Saviano <saviano@...> wrote:
      Vince,

      Thanks for the Catch-22 clarifications. It's amazing how multiple
      "truths" spread, especially when the internet is involved. My original
      source was obviously flawed.

      I seem to remember that the minimum run wasn't that large. I'd suggest
      politely trying to persuade the NMRA to loosen the "one per member"
      rule. My wife became an associate member to allow "us" to double our
      order, and I think that if all Z NMRA members were allowed to get 4, it
      would more than meet the minimum. I for one prescribe to the "one for
      show, one for blow" handkerchief philosophy when it comes to
      "collectible" items. That way, I can weather one or more cars and still
      have the display case with the pristine items.

      Along those lines, I appreciate the fact that MTL prints readable road
      numbers. For the most part, Marklin gives the flavor of individual cars,
      but you can actually read the MTL cars. I know because I'm inventorying
      my cars with MiTrains (Shenandoah Software) and I'm scanning the cars for
      easier identification. The images are printed on the car cards, and,
      with waybills inserted, it will make operations easier and more
      enjoyable.

      -Rick