Center Beam Details

  • thomascb2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2006
      First, thanks to who responded with suggestions.

      Second, I have not seen an opera-house style center beam in my area
      but there are a number of others I have seen. The ones I have seen
      (lately) have been unloaded and have a network of cables running
      diagonally from the top to the bottom of the center beam. Are these
      tie-down cables for the loads? Does the opera-house have similar tie-
      down cables? I think I have seen what looks like lumber as a typical
      load. Is this correct and what are other loads that a center beam
      might carry?

      Thanks for any comments.

      Tom in Dallas

      PS Isn't interesting how building on model stirs up my (and possibly
      your) curiosity? Modeling is fun and modeling in Z scale is even more
      fun!