new guy

  • neonflux@xxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26 9:34 PM
      I'm writing this 'cause the letter said I have to;)
      OK, My name is Jeff and I live in the DC area. I've been out of the train
      Scene for about 10 years. I'm 26. So yeah, I'm a kiddie. Anyway I've
      Only got one z scale set that I was given as a gift for getting my diploma.
      It's a micro-trains Lehigh Valley. Very pretty but I much prefer steam, always have.
      I've just got a circle of track, in a box. I'm afraid to set it up and screw it p
      cause it costs so much.

      I've also got a few N scale items but that's not for this group. My piddly
      observations so far are a. it's darn expensive, b. i really like micro-trains
      couplers and c. i have a great deal to learn. Railroading has changed a great
      deal in the past ten years. I was quite surprised to hear about DCC. and although
      it doesn't apply to Z (as far as I know) it's very cool.
      So you see my point:)
      anyway, hope to learn a great deal.
      Jeff