Disc. Items Etc.

  • Steve Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 1999
      Dear All

      First, I would just like to disassociate myself with those on some lists
      who doubted Michael's motives for sending the original mail about
      discontinued items. I feel Michael was just trying to be helpful, and
      wanted to get this info out as quickly as possible. Thank you, Michael.

      Of course it's sad news to see such a lot of old favourites leaving the
      catalogue :o( - but as I spend lots of time searching out pre-1986 models
      anyway, I can tell you that looking for the items you really want can be
      fun, and you always seem to come across other stuff you need for the
      layout........:o)

      It's been said before that Marklin's product line in recent years has been
      very swollen, and this move was probably inevitable. It's a pity about the
      c80 decoders, but those like me who prefer this simple way of control can
      no doubt get hold of U'brock substitutes. (Number/type, anyone?)

      On the topic of "Z Future?" I really don't know. I feel it could go either
      way, but despite my earlier mails about the precarious medium-term
      viability of the Z line in commercial terms (I still hope I'm wrong), there
      is another explanation, certainly as far as loks are concerned - the 5-pole
      motor. Having developed this, I'm sure M will want to get some return by
      using it wherever possible. (Please don't even think about it's
      possibilities for N gauge).

      I don't think M could go on as they were for ever - let's support them in
      the wonderful models and toys they continue to make.

      Fraternally -

      Steve T.

      "To be free, to be who you are"