Re: [Z_Scale] More questions

  • John Duino
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006

      > Marklin only make one angle. In the real world the angles vary and until
      > about ten years ago each turnout was custom built. In parts of the world
      > where labour costs are lower this still happens. Today real ones are
      > often assembled from a kit of standard parts delivered to the site and
      > come in a range of angles and lengths.

      To take that one step further, on the mainlines near my home they are
      adding an additional mainline and two sidings. The delivered pre-built
      switches by truck and left them by the right-of-way! Ties and all...I
      thought about taking pics and 'teasing' everyone about having 'new switch
      pictures' but never got around to it.