The Poll for 6mm and Z Scale is now closed

  • hobbycraftsnmore
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2006
      Hi all
      I see 50% would use 6mm with Z Scale
      21.43% would not use 6mm with Z Scale
      28.57% are unsure if they would or not

      Here some info anout 6mm to help those unsure to help you understand
      the difference.

      Z Scale = 1:220

      6mm = 1:260

      6mm scale buildings are intended for use with historical miniatures
      games, and are compatible with ranges of miniature figures produced
      by a number of different manufacturers - most of whom seem to have
      different ideas about how tall the average person is!

      In order to ensure maximum compatibility with the different figure
      sizes, they have designed their buildings and accessories to an
      average scale of 1:260.

      In real life there are buildings that differ in size too. Codes
      change from year to year changing ceiling heights. This causes
      buildings to be different heights. In some cases there are large
      buildings that have been added on to where the floors don't match up
      from one end of the building to the other.

      I also have pitures on my website hobbycraftsnmore.com with a Z Scale
      train car next to the 6mm buildings.
      Just go to the website http://www.hobbycraftsnmore.com
      Then click on the Green Hobby link at the top (that will take you to
      a new page)
      Then click on the Yellow link Train F & Q in the left column
      Then go to Compearing 6mm to Z Scale link
      and take a look

      Thank you all for doing the poll and giveing your 2 cents

      Hobby Crafts N More
      http://www.hobbycraftsnmore.com
      hobbycraftsnmore@...