Fw: Re: Fw: Re: [Z_Scale] September MTL releases ...

  • Loren Snyder
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2006
      Now Ed,
      You know perfectly well that if we don't get free packaging with every
      turnout, then the garbage truck drivers won't pick up enough garbage to
      warrent a pay raise, and since gas is going up, they won't be able to buy
      enough gas to fill their wive's auto so that she can go "shopppppping". The
      wife will then get cranky, and start having an attitude. She will most
      likely quit fixing his favorite calorie laden meal, which will force him to
      eat out with his buds and he will most likely consume one or two too many
      bears with his meal of pizza, etc.

      He'll come home late, which will then make her mad, and she'll want to go
      shopping to calm down a bit. With no gas in the car, the cycle will only
      worsen. She'll mope around the house and because she is bored to death, she
      will decide to clean out the sock drawer or some other "supposidly" safe
      hiding place where he hides, er, I mean temporarily "stores" his new Z
      purchases.

      Upon discovery of his Z purchases and most likely the receipt, (because Z
      scalers aren't known for being overly smart when it comes to hiding receipts
      either), she will flip out, throw a fit, and the whole cycle will only
      worsen. More divorces will likely occur, which the immediate result will
      be less money to spend on Z and more money now going for divorce lawyers,
      etc.

      With less to spend on Z, the man only grows darker and more sullen. Why, no
      telling how many national crises will be diverted if we can keep Z flowing
      smoothly to the depraved, uh, I mean deprived.

      So Ed, we just gotta wrap those little turnouts in plastic and cardboard to
      keep the economy going. Oh oh, now the tree huggers of Oregon are going to
      hear about all that wasted wood being turned into pulp which you just want
      to throw away anyway and fill up our land fills with.

      You know, I don't think this thing is going to work out to anyone's
      advantage. I think we're all doomed. Since we're all depressed at the sad
      state of affairs, us guys better stick together and spend our kids pending
      lunch money on yet another PS2 or CSX box car.......what do you think?

      Either we spend it wisely on choo choo trains, or our wives and girl friends
      will go off and waste it on some goofey looking pair of shoes or something
      else that is a total waste of hard earned money.

      No Ed, we gotta have cardboard! And the Arabs love us to death when we buy
      more oil to make plastic packaging............

      Loren

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2006
        All said in jest, I presume!

        A good number of us who have the new track (and I have a good amount
        of it) have been waiting for the switches to be released. But I would
        rather have MTL get them right rather than see them release these
        items in haste and then find that there is a glitch of some sort. And
        if packaging is the holdup (yes, the packaging is necessary for a
        variety of reasons), then so be it. Certainly another month or two
        sure won't make all that much difference--just puts it closer to the
        winter and holiday season, when most folks have more incentive to work
        on their layouts.

        I'm as anxious as anyone else here to get my hands on several pair of
        those new switches, but I'll just devote my Z time to some other
        activity on the layout and wait it out like everyone else will have to do.

        Patience really is a virtue in this or any hobby! :-)