Fw: Re: [Z_Scale] I changed my vote...

  • Allan Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2006
      For the sake of the continued growth of this segment of the hobby, I
      hope that MT, if they elect to venture into this area at all, stick
      with their initial idea of offering built-up structures. There's a
      definite need for more emphasis in that area, especially for the
      benefit of people who are at, or considering, the entry stages of the
      hobby.

      I have a good number of those cast structures in Z that Marklin once
      offered (perhaps they still do), and I enjoy painting those items and
      sometimes adding a few details here and there. I've also constructed
      more than a few Z kits in my time, but have often wondered why someone
      wasn't doing more in the area of ready-to-go accessories for this scale.

      I'll be one of the first in line for the Conrail GEEP; plan to get the
      CP Rail and Chessie versions soon (already have the Pennsy); have
      bought a ton of that great MT track (and will invest heavily in
      switches); certainly have a lot of their rolling stock; and would also
      be a customer for any buildings they produce.

      In short: I figure they're on the right track (pun intended) and are
      demonstrating some real leadership in moving this segment of the hobby
      forward at a pretty good clip.