Re: [Z_Scale] I changed my vote...

  • Cliff Darrow
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2006
      I have been watching this thread with some interest. It seems to me that everyone could get what they want, both kit and built up. Companies such as Model Power, Walthers, Woodland Scenics (DPM by proxy), and others offer structures in both kit form and "RTP" (read: Ready to Plant) in O, HO, and N scales. Why shouldn't MTL do the same? Everything you need for a kit is already there anyway (except assembly directions) if you are "tooled" up for RTP. Seems to me MTL could accomodate every type of modeler with this approach. Why not hit 2 birds with one stone?

      Additionally, I am of the opinion that all types of structures need to be considered for possible production. Of course we need brick store fronts ala DPM, but we also need industries, residential and railroad company buildings as well. If MTL wants to maximize its impact on the market, then they should do it right and be commited to a full product line. Just my .2 cents.

      Cliff