Fw: [Z_Scale] Re: New Product Poll--only part of Joe's job at MTL

  • Loren Snyder
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2006
      -------Original Message-------

      From: Joe DAmato
      Date: 08/04/06 07:27:10
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: New Product Poll

      >My job here at MTL, beyond taking
      >care of customers, designing new product, doing on going research,
      >maintaining the library, doing conversions, inventing new ways to get
      >Loren all worked up....is to grow the scales we service.

      >Thanks to Robert for
      >encouraging DPM to go into Z scale (no more free stuff for you!)
      >(kidding) and to John for waving the POM POMs for my poll.
      >Cheers
      >Joe

      Ok Joe, you did a great job of getting me worked up......and you mean Robert
      gets free stuff? No wonder you charge me double when I buy my stuff!

      If I told you that you were handsome could I get some free stuff? And I
      don't need another lousy T shirt! The last one you tried to sell me for a
      buck had a hole in the arm pit and smelled suspiciously like Grease-em.

      And you do look somewhat like an old gray haired guy..........oops, there
      goes my free stuff!

      I will whole heartedly agree with you on one point, and I quote you.........
      "We need young blood to put down the Video Game Controller and Pick up a DCC
      Controller and the only way we are going to do that is making it as easy as
      possible for them to do so."

      At train shows when a mother walks up to our layout display and has a
      couple of young boys tagging along, I tell her she can do a tremendous favor
      to her boys by NOT buying them Game Boy and video games, X Box , etc. etc.

      I point out the many positive aspects of model railroading and that it can
      also teach them a great deal while helping them to learn basic skills such
      as work working, electrical soldering, increasing their manual dexterity
      working with their hands in general and not burning their brains out on junk
      TV.
      I also am quick to point out that model railroading can be a family hobby
      that not only fosters family togetherness and keeps the kids occupied in
      something constructive, but it also helps them develop hand/eye coordination
      as well as patience. The list could go on, but to sumerize, model
      railroading is a win win situation, (except in the case when the kids get
      their own credit card and begin buying locos by the dozen.......not a bad
      idea actually huh Joe!

      Anyway Joe, you can keep your T shirt, I'll buy my Grease-em in the tube :O)