Thanks to all

  • Dave Hensley
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 1999
      Wow, it's like the old Usenet days. Very friendly group. Guess adversity
      makes for close ties, huh? :)

      Sorry about the long lines; I thought the web post interface would wrap
      them. I'll use mail from now on.

      I'm checking on a couple of the Alps decal things that you guys mentioned.
      Wow, there's really a difference in prices, ranging from $6 to $25-35(!!!).
      I'll post results. At $6 I'll probably pay to have them done, but at $25 a
      page buying a refurb MD-5000 starts looking really nice ($399, and the web
      folks are saying they can be had new for sub $300--haven't found one at that
      price yet). In the meantime, I'm getting a nice set of graphics off of the
      web like older movie posters, license plates, old highway signs and
      commercial signs. At Z sizes, I can get a lot into a standard decal sheet.

      Later,

      Dave

      Dave Hensley dhensley@...