GP-35 NS and Conrail

  • railfan_nyc
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2006
      The photos of these two loco's have given me brain damage. When will
      they be offered? My Santa Fe unit is great but I live in North
      Carolina and, there, NS and older Conrail paint schemes rule. We
      Amtrack passengers prefer not to talk much about CSX, thank you.
      Dan Egy
    • bobfage2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2006
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "railfan_nyc" <railfan_nyc@...> wrote:

        > The photos of these two loco's have given me brain damage. When will
        > they be offered? My Santa Fe unit is great but I live in North
        > Carolina and, there, NS and older Conrail paint schemes rule. We
        > Amtrack passengers prefer not to talk much about CSX, thank you.
        > Dan Egy

        Dan,

        While I commissioned these to be done by Scott Lupia, I do not have a
        problem with anyone else asking him to do them a conrail and a NS if
        they wish. I have paid for the artwork on the NS and had the luck to
        use the artwork previously commissioned by another person on the
        Conrail (which saved me a few $) Ask Scott...his e mail address is
        wpdj61@... The work is first class. I got a fast turnaround
        as well with the bonus of Loren supplying the second of the unpainted
        locos from his stock ljsnyder@... and sending it on my behalf
        to Scott to do the job.. saved me having to wait for a unpainted to
        travel from the USA to the UK and back again (Which I did with the
        Conrail). I am trying to find out if the other 7 Warbash GP35's also
        were painted in NS livery and if they were what the running numbers
        are.. then I can have a second GP35 painted and in a different number
        (still looking).

        Bob Fage (in the UK)
      • Daniel Egy
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2006
          For Wabash and any other railroad, for that matter (current or past), GOOGLE "fallen flags". This will give you a web site with (almost) all road numbers and associated pictures of steam and diesel everywhere in the Western Hemisphere. I use it to help me detail any model that I obtain. My last use of this resource helped my superdetail a Norfolk Southern SD-9 out of an ancient Athern loco. Since I see those old (former NKP) loco's switching near my house, it was exciting to know that my road number of 54 was realistic.