Re: Black Bear Construction Co. N Scale Truss Bridge Kit

  • johnegert
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
      John--- I have used both the truss and the deck bridge in Z with very
      acceptable results, especially as spans between trestle sections.
      They're petite enough to look good, and can be made even less beefy by
      using lighter wood in bracing, etc. I really like Black Bear's kits and
      jigs.
      John
    • Wendy Harlow
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2006
        I've used Black Bear's kits - I'm working on the truss bridge currently.

        To stain the pieces, I used what I had on hand: a Prismacolor marker. I
        didn't want to use anything water-based for fear of warping the very slender
        pieces. The marker is permanent, transparent and easy to use. I used a tiny
        permanent black marker for the bolts.

        ~Wendy Harlow

        _____

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2006
          Wendy,

          That is a great idea. Where did you purchase the Prismcolor marker and what
          color is it?

          John Bartolotto

          _____