RE: [Z_Scale] SAMRA train show

  • Don Avila
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
      .where do you find the time?? Somewhere you have to go to bathroom;
      there is that little matter of driving all over the place - and you also
      keep working on the layout. You hit the ski slopes when the going gets
      "slow".. I hope MTL keeps you supplied in engines and other rolling
      stock. You are worth MUCH more to them than a half dozen advertising
      pages in the publications.

      .don

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
        Don,
        Unfortunately,,,,I mostly pay full retail for my Z stuff.
        Mister Dave is many times Mr. Easy Mark.
        Also ,,Randy S. Pointed out that D.C. attendance was 18,000 not 24,000 as was my guess.
        Mister Dave

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
          OK Mr. Dave, you got me curious. I went back and checked the WGH site and they have the official numbers posted now:

          http://www.wghshow.com/pressreleases/mar06.htm

          At 20,265 for the DC show, it almost splits the difference between both of our recollections. If it hadn't been for the worst snow storm we had in the area this past winter, I'm sure we would have had more than 24,000 attendees.

          Still, it was no where near what you Texans pulled off in Houston. ;-)

          Randy