Re: [Z_Scale] SAMRA train show

  • David George
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1 1:04 PM
      I forgot a train show.
      This was the 4th this year.

      WGH Shows -Houston---34,000
      Wash. D. C.---24,000
      NTS - Philadelphia---21,000
      San Antonio---2,000

      LOOKS LIKE AROUND 80,000 PEOPLE HAD A CHANCE TO SEE THE "G~B&CC"
      SO FAR THIS YEAR.

      Mister Dave

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1 1:15 PM
        .where do you find the time?? Somewhere you have to go to bathroom;
        there is that little matter of driving all over the place - and you also
        keep working on the layout. You hit the ski slopes when the going gets
        "slow".. I hope MTL keeps you supplied in engines and other rolling
        stock. You are worth MUCH more to them than a half dozen advertising
        pages in the publications.

        .don

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2 7:26 AM
          Don,
          Unfortunately,,,,I mostly pay full retail for my Z stuff.
          Mister Dave is many times Mr. Easy Mark.
          Also ,,Randy S. Pointed out that D.C. attendance was 18,000 not 24,000 as was my guess.
          Mister Dave

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2 10:18 AM
            OK Mr. Dave, you got me curious. I went back and checked the WGH site and they have the official numbers posted now:

            http://www.wghshow.com/pressreleases/mar06.htm

            At 20,265 for the DC show, it almost splits the difference between both of our recollections. If it hadn't been for the worst snow storm we had in the area this past winter, I'm sure we would have had more than 24,000 attendees.

            Still, it was no where near what you Texans pulled off in Houston. ;-)

            Randy