SAMRA train show

  • David George
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
      The "Golden ~ Blackhawk & Central City" operated at the San Antonio Model Railroad Association train show this past weekend ( July 28-29-30 ).
      Larry Donsbach was there on Friday at 9:00am to help unload and set up.
      We had a grand old time. Around 3:00pm I noticed that we were behind schedule for putting the layout together. I said we should stop running. Larry asked,,running what ? I said "running at the mouth". We found a lot of opportunities to ,,stop,,stand ,,and talk some more. Very Good day !

      On Saturday and Sunday I had the distinct pleasure to have all 6 train sets on the mountain and gorge sections in the control of Harriet Donsbach. She has a magic touch. Those trains ran flawlessly for two days.

      This was the 3rd show this year with 2 more to go.

      Mister Dave

    • David George
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
        I forgot a train show.
        This was the 4th this year.

        WGH Shows -Houston---34,000
        Wash. D. C.---24,000
        NTS - Philadelphia---21,000
        San Antonio---2,000

        LOOKS LIKE AROUND 80,000 PEOPLE HAD A CHANCE TO SEE THE "G~B&CC"
        SO FAR THIS YEAR.

        Mister Dave

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
          .where do you find the time?? Somewhere you have to go to bathroom;
          there is that little matter of driving all over the place - and you also
          keep working on the layout. You hit the ski slopes when the going gets
          "slow".. I hope MTL keeps you supplied in engines and other rolling
          stock. You are worth MUCH more to them than a half dozen advertising
          pages in the publications.

          .don

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
            Don,
            Unfortunately,,,,I mostly pay full retail for my Z stuff.
            Mister Dave is many times Mr. Easy Mark.
            Also ,,Randy S. Pointed out that D.C. attendance was 18,000 not 24,000 as was my guess.
            Mister Dave

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
              OK Mr. Dave, you got me curious. I went back and checked the WGH site and they have the official numbers posted now:

              http://www.wghshow.com/pressreleases/mar06.htm

              At 20,265 for the DC show, it almost splits the difference between both of our recollections. If it hadn't been for the worst snow storm we had in the area this past winter, I'm sure we would have had more than 24,000 attendees.

              Still, it was no where near what you Texans pulled off in Houston. ;-)

              Randy