Re: How to Grow Z Scale

  • Jim O'Connell
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 30 11:43 AM
      Gang, Glad to see this topic I started some days ago has finally
      passed the "Where Do the Deer and the Antelope Play" topic. Keep up
      the good work and do we have that person or persons in the wings that
      can come up with a cheap, viable, 'I want to run my trains now', power
      supply for MTL sets? Cheers, New CCRR benchwork completed 10 min.
      ago. Jim
    • Jim O'Connell
      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 7, 2006
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...>
        wrote:

        > Jim,
        >
        > I've stayed out of this one because I really don't have an
        answer. We
        > offer the 1300 with internal modifications, but to put it in a
        starter
        > set, would drive the cost up beyond Marklin...way up. I agree,
        there
        > needs to be one in there, but I don't make up the rules on Margin
        and
        > can only try and figure out ways to get what is needed in place.
        We
        > are looking at our own design right now, but are a long way off. I
        > investigated some of the other units on the market, but price is
        still
        > a major issue as is availability. This is not to say the subject
        is
        > put to bed in any way. Leos' 9v controller is the obvious choice
        and
        > we still want to pursue that, but again, cost, delivery,
        > scheduling...folks in a different part of the food chain are
        dealing
        > with that now. And to be honest, I don't think we are slowing
        down the
        > growth of Z by not including a power pack, might have tripped it a
        few
        > times, :o) but we are moving Heaven and Earth to grow this scale.
        >
        > Thanks for the input.
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > JOE
        > MTL

        Joe, Thanks, for quick return post. I think many of us were
        waiting to hear from MTL. Keep up the good work and don't forget the
        220r Flex Track. We're dying for that piece of the puzzle. Cheers,
        Jim A New CCRR