Re: Z list celebrates 1 week anniversary - Survey time!

  • Lawrence L. Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 1999
      > Survey #1
      >
      > What are your 1st and 2nd suggestions in each of the following categories:
      >
      > 1. USA motive power,

      1) An Alco Diesel engine of any kind.
      2) A GE Genesis unit (P-42?)

      > 2. European motive power,
      > 3. USA rolling stock,

      1) Ore cars
      2) Covered Hoppers

      > 4. European rolling stock,
      > 5. Other motive power,

      1) GE or Alco switcher
      2) Micro-Trains F-7A & B painted for the Bessemer & Lake Erie RR.

      > 6. Other rolling stock,

      1) Depressed center flatcar.

      > 7. Structures,

      1) More American style structures.

      > 8. Anything else that comes to mind?
      >
      > Send your thoughts to the list and at the 1 month anniversary I'll
      summarize
      > and post the results and send them off to the manufacturers concerned.
    • Jeffrey MacHan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 1999
        Fellow Z list members,

        z_scale has met the 1 week milestone and now has 42 members from
        10 countries:

        UK, USA, Canada, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Italy, Japan, France, Argentina.
        (Note: if you reside in a country that I have not listed, please let me
        know, thanks).

        To celebrate the occasion I thought it only fitting to start a survey of the
        membership. So here is a survey designed to get the creative imagination
        churning and to stimulate debate as summer arrives.

        Survey #1

        What are your 1st and 2nd suggestions in each of the following categories:

        1. USA motive power,
        2. European motive power,
        3. USA rolling stock,
        4. European rolling stock,
        5. Other motive power,
        6. Other rolling stock,
        7. Structures,
        8. Anything else that comes to mind?

        Send your thoughts to the list and at the 1 month anniversary I'll summarize
        and post the results and send them off to the manufacturers concerned.

        Take care all,

        Jeffrey MacHan
        Val Ease Central Railroad
      • Simon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 1999
          Hi fellows

          There is a few zmen running the tiny trains here in Hong Kong

          zman
          zman's bunker
          http://home.netvigator.com/~zman/index.html

        • Lindy9113@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 5, 1999
            jmac_han@... writes:

            <<
            1. USA motive power, GP-7 or 9
            2. European motive power,
            3. USA rolling stock, More Cabooses maybe a Santa Fe type
            4. European rolling stock,
            5. Other motive power,
            6. Other rolling stock, hoppers, more hoppers
            7. Structures, Walthers Medusa cement in Z scale would be neat
            8. Anything else that comes to mind? Any American diesel prices like the
            Micr Tains F's. I cannot afford $500 locomotives and even $300 is a stretch...

            Dave
            in Kansas