JL Innovative Design

  • starion20002001
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 19, 2006
      I saw this vendor at NTS in Philly, and they have some really great
      stuff. I even purchased a Wally's Bar" for my Father-in-law. But
      unfortunately they currently ONLY deal in HO & N scale and when I
      asked if they were planning to go into Z, they said they have no plans
      to. I think with a little coaxing from the group we may be able to
      turn them to the Z side!

      http://jlinnovative.com/

      --
      John C Pini
      AIM id: Elvan John

      "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere,
      diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." --Groucho Marx

      "I am therefore I Z!" -- JCP
    • Don Avila
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 20, 2006
        Another vendor also at Philly was Mountaineer Precision Products at

        http://www.mpp-models.com/200/200.htm

        The have a number of Z buildings. I have built several and posted a
        photo of a neat pre-1950's house in the Z Scratch forum. This pre-1950
        house is quite nice and has very good roof shingles. The shingles are
        laser cut, which leaves slight burning on the "bottom" side. Make this
        the exposed side and you get some realistic variegated colored shingles.

        MPP told me in Philly and also in an Email yesterday that they are close
        to releasing two additional Z buildings. These are UNIVERSAL BUILDING
        and RABBIT HASH GENERAL STORE. There are photos of other scales of
        these two buildings on their site.

        .don

        http://jlinnovative <http://jlinnovative.com/> .com/

        --
        John C Pini
        AIM id: Elvan John
        webshots.com/user/duckfan

        "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere,
        diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." --Groucho
        Marx

        "I am therefore I Z!" -- JCP

      • Loren Snyder
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 20, 2006
          > I saw this vendor at NTS in Philly, and they have some really great
          > stuff. I even purchased a Wally's Bar" for my Father-in-law. But
          > unfortunately they currently ONLY deal in HO & N scale and when I
          > asked if they were planning to go into Z, they said they have no plans
          > to. I think with a little coaxing from the group we may be able to
          > turn them to the Z side!

          I jumped on the band wagon and did my part last night and wrote to David
          Proell from Innovative. I asked also if they had considered doing Z scale
          as I thought there would be a lot of interest in their product were it also
          made in Z scale.
          This is David's response......
          Loren,
          Sorry, no plans for Z scale at the moment. Thanks for the interest,
          David Proell

          So boys and girls, I doubt any more coaxing will help this company realize
          the error of their ways.
          After looking at their product line, I'm convinced that the Z scale
          community would have indeed supported Innovative.

          Tis sad when someone doesn't live up to their full potential........sigh!

          Loren
        • starion20002001
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 20, 2006
            > I jumped on the band wagon and did my part last night and wrote to
            David
            > Proell from Innovative. I asked also if they had considered doing Z
            scale
            > as I thought there would be a lot of interest in their product were
            it also
            > made in Z scale.
            > This is David's response......
            > Loren,
            > Sorry, no plans for Z scale at the moment. Thanks for the interest,
            > David Proell
            >
            > So boys and girls, I doubt any more coaxing will help this company
            realize
            > the error of their ways.
            > After looking at their product line, I'm convinced that the Z scale
            > community would have indeed supported Innovative.
            >
            > Tis sad when someone doesn't live up to their full
            potential........sigh!

            > Loren

            Loren,

            They MIGHT be persuaded if they start getting ALOT of inquiries from
            the Z groups. At least they will start to take notice that a fairly
            large group is interested in their product.

            --- JCP
          • Loren Snyder
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 20, 2006
              > Loren,
              > They MIGHT be persuaded if they start getting ALOT of inquiries from
              > the Z groups. At least they will start to take notice that a fairly
              > large group is interested in their product.
              > --- JCP

              You have a good point there, however I have already cast my vote with them
              so I can't vote again......they already know that I am one of "those guys
              with the little train syndrome" Love it!
              Loren
            • Don Avila
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 20, 2006
                .like I say, try Mountaineer Precision Products who ALREADY has a number
                of Z items plus is ready to release a couple more. ..don

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 20, 2006
                  Don,
                  I will do just that. Those are good products already available in Z scale.
                  I guess the other guys can go suck an egg.

                  > .like I say, try Mountaineer Precision Products who ALREADY has a number
                  > of Z items plus is ready to release a couple more. ..don
                • Robert Toole
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 20, 2006
                    Don,
                    What is Mountaineer's website? I also did my part and told them that being in military housing, alot of us only have space for Zeeeeeee, Weeee.
                    Robert

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 20, 2006
                      <http://www.mpp-models.com/300/300.htm>
                      http://www.mpp-models.com/300/300.htm

                      is the address for the pre-1950 houses by Mountaineer Precision
                      Products. Look at one of my earlier postings a few hours ago and I give
                      the name of 2 new laser kits coming out which are now in N & HO and have
                      those scale photos posted. One of the kits-to-be looks like it will be
                      a pretty snazzy kit. I posted a photo of the one pre-1950 house I
                      built in the Zscratch forum under "Don's something or other viaduct"
                      [forgot the name]. Also there are some photos of other of their
                      buildings I've built in the main forum under "Don's Z Things" or a
                      similar name [more forgetting - don't get old] The MPP link above will
                      get you all over their site.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 20, 2006
                        Also did my part and bought the 1950's house, the NC barn and the B&O
                        shed from MPP.

                        Here Robert:

                        <http://www.mpp-models.com/200/200.htm>

                        ---JCP

                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Robert Toole <airforce_loadmaster@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Don,
                        > What is Mountaineer's website? I also did my part and told them
                        that being in military housing, alot of us only have space for
                        Zeeeeeee, Weeee.
                        > Robert
                        >
                        > Don Avila <d.f.avila@...> wrote:
                        > .like I say, try Mountaineer Precision Products who
                        ALREADY has a number
                        > of Z items plus is ready to release a couple more. ..don

                      • Robert Toole
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 20, 2006
                          Thanks John

                          starion20002001 <john.c.pini@...> wrote: Also did my part and bought the 1950's house, the NC barn and the B&O
                          shed from MPP.

                          Here Robert:

                          wrote:

                          > Don,
                          > What is Mountaineer's website? I also did my part and told them
                          that being in military housing, alot of us only have space for
                          Zeeeeeee, Weeee.
                          > Robert
                          >
                          > Don Avila <d.f.avila@...> wrote:
                          > .like I say, try Mountaineer Precision Products who
                          ALREADY has a number
                          > of Z items plus is ready to release a couple more. ..don

                        • starion20002001
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 2, 2006
                            Don,

                            How long does MPP usually take to fulfill and order? I sent in an
                            order almost 3 weeks ago now and I have not heard from them for the
                            order or the followup e-mail I sent them.

                            --- JCP

                            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don Avila" <d.f.avila@...> wrote:

                            > <http://www.mpp-models.com/300/300.htm>
                            > http://www.mpp-models.com/300/300.htm
                            >
                            > is the address for the pre-1950 houses by Mountaineer Precision
                            > Products. Look at one of my earlier postings a few hours ago and I give
                            > the name of 2 new laser kits coming out which are now in N & HO and have
                            > those scale photos posted. One of the kits-to-be looks like it will be
                            > a pretty snazzy kit. I posted a photo of the one pre-1950 house I
                            > built in the Zscratch forum under "Don's something or other viaduct"
                            > [forgot the name]. Also there are some photos of other of their
                            > buildings I've built in the main forum under "Don's Z Things" or a
                            > similar name [more forgetting - don't get old] The MPP link above will
                            > get you all over their site.
                            >
                            > .don

                          • Don Avila
                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 2, 2006
                              Hmmm, that seems a little long and they have always answered e-mails
                              pretty promptly unless they are on the road for some RR show. On my
                              first orders I think it was in the order of 2 to 3 weeks, but they are
                              not the greatest businessmen.

                              I sent them a photo of the pre-1950 house that I bought at the
                              Philadelphia NTS show and got an answer back in a couple of days. The
                              e-mails were probably about July 17th to 19th or so.

                              Try Andy Lester, owner at 1-859-283-5186 if you need more info.

                              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com, "Don
                              Avila" <d.f.avila@...> wrote:

                              > <http://www.mpp- <http://www.mpp-models.com/300/300.htm>
                              models.com/300/300.htm>
                              > http://www.mpp- <http://www.mpp-models.com/300/300.htm>
                              models.com/300/300.htm

                              > is the address for the pre-1950 houses by Mountaineer Precision
                              > Products. Look at one of my earlier postings a few hours ago and I
                              give
                              > the name of 2 new laser kits coming out which are now in N & HO and
                              have
                              > those scale photos posted. One of the kits-to-be looks like it will be
                              > a pretty snazzy kit. I posted a photo of the one pre-1950 house I
                              > built in the Zscratch forum under "Don's something or other viaduct"
                              > [forgot the name]. Also there are some photos of other of their
                              > buildings I've built in the main forum under "Don's Z Things" or a
                              > similar name [more forgetting - don't get old] The MPP link above will
                              > get you all over their site.
                              >
                              > .don

                              ._,___