Re: [Z_Scale] Re: MT F7A and GP35 shells?/ loco detail parts- BLMA ?

  • randy smidt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3 9:25 PM
      Ben,

      The BLMA fans are an aftermarket detail product. You don't need to get the GP35 shell to get the fans, and in fact, since the fans are an aftermarket product, they don't actually come with the shell but have to be bought separately from BLMA.

      http://www.nscaleblma.com/

      I believe folks were using the 36" N scale fans for 48" fans in Z scale. Not sure if BLMA has come out with the diesel details and fans in Z yet, but they do have some other Z scale products like a signal bridge and a cell phone tower.

      If you are doing Nn3, then they may have other stuff useful to you. Take a look around.

      Randy Smidt

      bscaro <bscaro@...> wrote:
      Thank you Steve. Pretty expensive!

      I wanted one only for the fans which someone on Trainboard says are
      done by an outfit called 'BLMA'. They have a site and an
      announcement about upcoming Z scale loco details so it may be wisest
      to wait until they come out . . .

      At some point I may want some handrails too, I guess etching would be
      the best technique for these too . . .

      I wonder if the F7 shells are cheaper than the GP35 ?

      Cheers

      Ben

      > Ben,
      > Micro trains offers the GP35 shells for approx $50, I called
      with that
      > question 2 weeks ago when Harold Grady
      > was offering his drives for sale.
      >
      > Steve Siegel