MT F7A and GP35 shells?

  • bscaro
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2006
      Hi

      Does anyone offer these for sale ?

      Cheers

      Ben
    • Steve Siegel
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2006
        Ben,
        Micro trains offers the GP35 shells for approx $50, I called with that
        question 2 weeks ago when Harold Grady
        was offering his drives for sale.

        Steve Siegel
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2006
          Thank you Steve. Pretty expensive!

          I wanted one only for the fans which someone on Trainboard says are
          done by an outfit called 'BLMA'. They have a site and an
          announcement about upcoming Z scale loco details so it may be wisest
          to wait until they come out . . .

          At some point I may want some handrails too, I guess etching would be
          the best technique for these too . . .

          I wonder if the F7 shells are cheaper than the GP35 ?

          Cheers

          Ben

          > Ben,
          > Micro trains offers the GP35 shells for approx $50, I called
          with that
          > question 2 weeks ago when Harold Grady
          > was offering his drives for sale.
          >
          > Steve Siegel

        • Elizabeth Hayes
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2006
            Republic Loco Works used to have shells for sale, he used the motors for
            NN3 locos and always had a bunch of shells leftover, this was in the past
            ,when that was the only way to get parts- buying an entire locomotive

            >From: "bscaro" <bscaro@...>
            >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Z_Scale] MT F7A and GP35 shells?
            >Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 01:49:26 -0000
            >
            >Hi
            >
            >Does anyone offer these for sale ?
            >
            >Cheers
            >
            >Ben

          • Pacha
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2006
              Hello,
              I may have one or two available, what are they needed for?
              Pacha

              --
              Pacha Kaye
              7200 Orphelia NE

            • randy smidt
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 3, 2006
                Ben,

                The BLMA fans are an aftermarket detail product. You don't need to get the GP35 shell to get the fans, and in fact, since the fans are an aftermarket product, they don't actually come with the shell but have to be bought separately from BLMA.

                http://www.nscaleblma.com/

                I believe folks were using the 36" N scale fans for 48" fans in Z scale. Not sure if BLMA has come out with the diesel details and fans in Z yet, but they do have some other Z scale products like a signal bridge and a cell phone tower.

                If you are doing Nn3, then they may have other stuff useful to you. Take a look around.

                Randy Smidt

                bscaro <bscaro@...> wrote:
                Thank you Steve. Pretty expensive!

                I wanted one only for the fans which someone on Trainboard says are
                done by an outfit called 'BLMA'. They have a site and an
                announcement about upcoming Z scale loco details so it may be wisest
                to wait until they come out . . .

                At some point I may want some handrails too, I guess etching would be
                the best technique for these too . . .

                I wonder if the F7 shells are cheaper than the GP35 ?

                Cheers

                Ben

                > Ben,
                > Micro trains offers the GP35 shells for approx $50, I called
                with that
                > question 2 weeks ago when Harold Grady
                > was offering his drives for sale.
                >
                > Steve Siegel