SD70M thundering thru the Lonesome Valley

  • kurtulueck@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2006
      Hi Folks,

      yesterday I made a foto trip to the Lonesome Valley again. I can tell you -
      it was really hot there!

      But it was rewarding too, shots of a coal train lead by two brandnew SD70M
      and a mixed freight with an unusual combination of motive power could be
      spotted.

      Enjoy my hot report at the RRR homepage!

      Kurt

      The Redrock Railroad - Home of the Desert Hog
      http://www.redrockrail.com

    • Kez
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2006
        Outstanding, as always Kurt. You're "railfanning" reports are some of my
        favorite reading.

        I sure wish I had been in line at the right time to get one of those F40PH
        locomotives from Harald. Now I shall have to wait for the next production run.
        :(

        How well does the speed of the Amtrak match up to the AZL's? Either way, I bet
        she runs like a hemi.......

        Thanks for sharing, Kurt. Keep up the great reports.

        Bryan Keyser

        > yesterday I made a foto trip to the Lonesome Valley again. I can tell you -
        > it was really hot there!
        >
        > But it was rewarding too, shots of a coal train lead by two brandnew SD70M
        > and a mixed freight with an unusual combination of motive power could be
        > spotted.
        >
        > Enjoy my hot report at the RRR homepage!
        >
        > Kurt
        >
        > The Redrock Railroad - Home of the Desert Hog
        > http://www.redrockrail.com
      • sgt_tim7
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2006
          Awesome Kurt! Awesome!!!